FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning i wake up to hear a loud knock on my brothers door to hear someone broke into his car.......my neighbor saw it and called the cops then ran and knocked on our door.......luckily there are a lot of us here all with cars so we jumped in our rides to find this unlucky bastard. So were all out drivin around and to our surprise he is 2 blocks down runnin from the cops , he ditched the bike and is running through back yards. we recovered the radio but the point of my story is that EVERY one needs to get alarms . That should be the first mod even if u have a pony. If you dont have brothers and cousins like i do that live near or with you thats the best thing , cuz when the alarm goes off out comes the ratchett(GUN) and the chase is on.............

·
Registered
911 Posts
93lxsleepa said:
This morning i wake up to hear a loud knock on my brothers door to hear someone broke into his car.......my neighbor saw it and called the cops then ran and knocked on our door.......luckily there are a lot of us here all with cars so we jumped in our rides to find this unlucky bastard. So were all out drivin around and to our surprise he is 2 blocks down runnin from the cops , he ditched the bike and is running through back yards. we recovered the radio but the point of my story is that EVERY one needs to get alarms . That should be the first mod even if u have a pony. If you dont have brothers and cousins like i do that live near or with you thats the best thing , cuz when the alarm goes off out comes the ratchett(GUN) and the chase is on.............
yeh DEI has my back :D his sidekick is a hi point 9mm :twisted:

·
Registered
127 Posts
No, but most of Michael Moores work is not as accurate has he'd have you believe. There were all kinds of errors or elaborations in "Bowling for Columbine."

However, having had my car broken into twice, I am starting to agree with having the alarm. I may need to look into it. The problem is, I want to wait until after I put electric locks on it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Moore is a weiner thats all there is too it.

If you own a gun look online for your local firearm laws. In AZ for example with some of the best Gun laws around (IMHO). You could go out into YOUR YARD with your gun and confrunted this idiot... however you couldn't use it until he actually threatened to kill you. He could pimp slap you 6 ways from sunday and you still couldn't use it.

Brandishing it without a clear threat is not only stupid its a threat to all your innocent neighbors still asleep in bed.

Now if you chased him with the firearm off your property thats called assault with a deadly weapon. As it should be. By all means have you cell phone call the cops and follow the SOB but be smart about it.

I wish people would really take the time to learn more about this stuff. Whether you are for guns or not. The only way to solve this and chrime in general is through education. IMHO again

P.S. Thats as close to the AZ law as I know in one case only. so you can't hold me responsible for your own stupidity :)

and one more thing... some interesting ditbits... in AZ it is legal to use deadly force to stop a sexual assault, child molestation, arson of an accupied structure and a few other situations. again seek your own legal info on this stuff. It's not my fault if find a new "position" as prison toy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:roll: yeah i am to poor to afford an alarm system right now but it does sound like a good idea. By the way does anybody know how to fit bodykits on my scort 95 lx i have found hoods z3 fenders and lowering springs and an engine swap from corksport(which would be another good reason to get an alarm)but i just cant figure out how i am going to get my car to look as fast as it goes.

-scord95

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeh, here in Washington state you can shoot someone on your property if they're breaking in, but if they make it off your property after you shoot them, it's assault and you can be sued. So just aim for the knees ... or the head... :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Spider-Man said:
No, but most of Michael Moores work is not as accurate has he'd have you believe. There were all kinds of errors or elaborations in "Bowling for Columbine."

However, having had my car broken into twice, I am starting to agree with having the alarm. I may need to look into it. The problem is, I want to wait until after I put electric locks on it.
FYI: It's just as easy, if not easier to add the power locks at the time the alarm is installed.

If you (or anybody) is in Socal, hit me up. Been an alarm tech for 12 years.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hey Mazdaspeed, I have a question for you. I got an alarm installed a little over a year ago and had them put in the power door locks. But now for some reason the Driver side won't unlock when I disarm the alarm. It still pushes up like it is trying to unlock the door, but it never actually does anymore. could it just be friction, or maybe something that I can fix on my own with the door panels off? Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
egtdude said:
... however you couldn't use it until he actually threatened to kill you. He could pimp slap you 6 ways from sunday and you still couldn't use it.
hahahaha that's awesome. I'm gonna go into someones yard and pimp slap them 6 ways from sunday just cause I can :p

Seriously though, if they walk near you or try to touch you that can be taken as an assault and you have the right to use whatever means necessary to defend yourself. Whether it be your gun, a whip or a ferocious man eating mountain lion you keep starving in your garage. :?
It's the same law police officers use when confronted by a crazed psychopath, even if he's not carrying a weapon.

·
Registered
911 Posts
scord95 said:
:roll: yeah i am to poor to afford an alarm system right now but it does sound like a good idea. By the way does anybody know how to fit bodykits on my scort 95 lx i have found hoods z3 fenders and lowering springs and an engine swap from corksport(which would be another good reason to get an alarm)but i just cant figure out how i am going to get my car to look as fast as it goes.

-scord95
thats the beauty...you can make your car look good, but most ppl will think its slow...thats where you earn your money back that u spent on the car. just get it to look like you are happy with it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
James92Scort said:
egtdude said:
... however you couldn't use it until he actually threatened to kill you. He could pimp slap you 6 ways from sunday and you still couldn't use it.
hahahaha that's awesome. I'm gonna go into someones yard and pimp slap them 6 ways from sunday just cause I can :p

Seriously though, if they walk near you or try to touch you that can be taken as an assault and you have the right to use whatever means necessary to defend yourself. Whether it be your gun, a whip or a ferocious man eating mountain lion you keep starving in your garage. :?
It's the same law police officers use when confronted by a crazed psychopath, even if he's not carrying a weapon.
umm no... assault is not considered an automatic threat to your or someone else's life. You might get lucky and not be charged but technically you would be in the wrong. by all means "throw down" but once you start slinging lead you better be damn sure there is a clear threat to your life... not just a few bruises.

And no you can't just shoot someone on your property. You have to feel your life is in danger. and be able to prove it in court!

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
egtdude said:
umm no... assault is not considered an automatic threat to your or someone else's life. You might get lucky and not be charged but technically you would be in the wrong. by all means "throw down" but once you start slinging lead you better be damn sure there is a clear threat to your life... not just a few bruises.

And no you can't just shoot someone on your property. You have to feel your life is in danger. and be able to prove it in court!
Assault is assault. if someone is coming near you on your property when he's an uninvited trespasser, you don't know if all you're going to get is bruises. If you yell stop or get off my property and show him what you have and he still comes at you you have the right to use whatever means necessary to protect you, your family and your property. But you're right, it all depends on if you can prove it in court.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
you know is it worth it to shoot someone fuck it let them steal my whole car i dont wanna be tied up in court for years and years because i shot someone because they wanted my $375 pioneer deck it would cost well over that in gas to the courthouse alone and then you have attorney fees to me its not worth it

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I dunno maybe it's me. if someone came onto my property and threatened my family, I'm pretty sure they'd have to kill me before I'd let them hurt anyone or do anything. If they were just trying to steal the stereo and I happened to walk in on them. I'd let them have it. But you don't know what they're capable of.

·
Registered
135 Posts
get a fake alarm... u can get some light and install it..althought i guess it might not work .. but some people would rather break into a car with no blinking lights inside.. i like my cd player cuz u can turn on a security mode that makes a light blink when u take the face off

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i tell you what if any ****** thinks hes gunna thak my crap hes got another thing coming actually hes got another 6'4" 300lb guy mashing his face into the cement like a cheese grater thing coming ( if i cought him and could catch him). i hate poor retards who make a living off of others livings. I do myself plan on an alarm and when the bank account is right it will be done. and man i would lay into him if he was taking my stuff thenn i would follow him home so when he comes to get me back by f***in up my car i would make him sorry he ever broke into anything. given i dont have a problem with stolen goods in my car hey cheaper price :) . NO im joking but man reading this makes me want someone to break into my car while im around knock some faces in hehehe

·
Registered
750 Posts
ok what this was originally about, the alarms. Im totally pleased with mine, it seemed useless with out power locks until about 2 weeks ago, when i was going upstairs to go to bed, my alarm goes off, its about 230 in the morning. I run out side to see no more then one of my buddies trying to pop my hatch from the inside. i got lucky cuz i went out there, beat some sense into him. But my hatch release dont work UNLESS the key is on, ACC., OR car is on. Im glad i have it installed. Ill be getting a lock kit with out the switches, the ones that open with the turn of the key, or opening of one.

Onto shooting someone, F that, pull out the slugger and hit them, who needs to resort to guns. if you get lucky youll getm from behind pop them on theyre head, they are in your car. you call the cops and he gets busted with the intent to steal or something. it worked for my brother. But i guess a gun can be safe. And james i feel the same way, if someone is walking up on my yard, and i dont know em, id pull somthin on em and see what happens

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
this is weird... I agree with 95 (except for the cussing!!!!!!!) and dissagree with james. I think I'm gonna be sick *L*

95 essentially has it right. This confrontation probably shouldn't happen. If it were me and this should fit the letter of the law.

I would have called the cops on either a cell or cordless phone. had the gun out of view or in some easy reach holster. Gone out and confronted the person with the cops still on the phone to stall them. now the gun has to still be hidden. Not because you can't whip it out but because the element of surprise is a really big deal in this situation. if he runs... get the lic plate number or chase after him telling the cops whats going on.

if he comes after you its all up to you. James is sort of right in AZ law. You really should have stayed inside a dark house by a window relaying everything to the cops. but you went outside to show how big a man you are (as I probably would do). the decission to shoot is not that easy. for one can you legally and morally take this person out and two can you do it without hurting anyone else. If you miss its going to go somewhere you can only pray it won't go across the street and into some little kids room or worse! Also the only reason to ever bring that gun out is if you feel the situation is enough of a threat to take someones life. It should never be used to "injure" someone. You only shoot to kill and only if there is no other way out.

The moral is if you are going to own a gun you really should have all the training you can, all the practice you can AND study the law.

P.S. This is my oppinion only once again so learn your state and local laws as I have no authority or real training on this stuff just my own research. so I can not be held responsible for your own actions.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts