FEOA Forums banner

Something is wrong.

2809 Views 19 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Infini_IV
Okay, I need help on this. I have a ´95 LX wagon. I know it´s supposed to be slow, but every few days, ´slow´ is an understatement. Like today for example.

The car starts well, but like today, I back out of the driveway, put it into drive, and step on the accelerator. It´s kind of like slow motion. The intake gurgles more than usual, and the car goes nowhere really really slowly. It doesn´t feel rough or anything, just like there´s no power.

This only happens every few days, or once a week, but it´s really getting annoying, because I know the car isn´t that slow.

If anyone has had this happen, or knows what the problem could be, please help.
1 - 3 of 20 Posts
How was the humidity outside when you pulled out?

You might have been sucking in too much moisture to get a clean burn????
MAF Contaminated??? Huh?

is that supposed to mean that is full of gunk or something.....

Well anyway...I did a full cleaning of my whole intake system this past Saturday...

-Cleaned and re-oiled my cone filter (and cover breather for the heck of it)
-Cleaned entire MAF assembly with "Carb cleaner"
-Cleaned temp sensor
-Cleaned interior of the intake pipe
-"Carb cleaned" my TB (a lot of black gunk in there).

And it now runs a lot better...a lot smoother

I hate o2 sensors ....they go all the time ...blah ....add another thing to replace on mine ....blah!

[ Edited by Skuce On Date 06-04-2002 ]
See less See more
The cotton filter media need cleaning and oiling every so often...it´s how it works.

It´s the oil that catches the dust and debris.

If it wasn´t oiled....you might as well not even have the filter on there.....cause most of the dust will go right through it.
1 - 3 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.