FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Blade, those are just indiglo gauges, you can get them from matt, zxtuner, or corksport.

I have the set from corksport, and they're just as bright. :wink:

Cool lookin car LightHammer, can't wait to see the kit when it's fully painted.

Edit: Exactly how did you put that second sunroof in your car? 8O :?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found out where the support brackets were on the roof of the car so I wouldn't cut into them. I didn't want to lose structure support when going "high" speeds. It's so nice because I can open just the back of the sunroof and the air reacts differently as it's going through my car. I feel like it's a wind tunnel sometimes. Plus, I wanted to be the first car to have double sunroofs. =)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Wow - love the double sunroof idea but would worry about the affect on structural integrity. Most high performance sports cars shy away from sunroofs for that reason (the Motorsport Cosworth for example), but perhaps you have compensated in some other way? Certainly an unusual 'mod' though. I'll give you an A for bravery. :?

·
Registered
319 Posts
hey.. nice work on the car.. looks the same as my scort.. just fixed up a LOT more..LoL.. ne wayz.. what kind/size rims and tires u got?..they look good!

Laci

this is what i'm thinkin of gettin... motegi ff5's 17".. yea they're alittle too popular.. but i figure u all can help me find soem liek them and just as good!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Damn... I like that kit. It looks nice. Did you steal parts from other cars and build it up yourself, or does somebody out there make a full kit like that?

And I'm not a fan of the super bright gauges... I come from a background of flying planes, and you generally want your gauges to the point where you can just make out the numbers and needles, and no farther. I think the whole indiglo gauges thing is just making the problem worse. But different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Nice work either way. The sunroofs are hott.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Lighthammer said:
Thanks. I didn't cut through any of the support beams so even if I did race, it would still be 100% solid as it was before.
:) If you look at your roof, there are no support beams between the overhead light and the rear window, it's just a big sheet of metal, so, like he said, there's really no stuctural integrity to lose.. I would imagine the sunroof would be considerably stiffer than the thin sheetmetal roof.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly, the support beams run along the sides of the roof from front to back and connect straight across the interior light in the middle.

When the sunroofs are open....it feels great. When I close one or both of them, you can really feel the airtight suction as it closes.

I would get a sunroof on any car in the future.

*The gauges have a dimmer so I can turn them really low or turn it all the way up to what you see. It's only bright for the purpose of the photo.*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.