FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find solid motor mount inserts? or does anyone have the old howto on how to make the motor mounts outa the windowweld stuff? Thanks for your time! 8)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
but i must say that i have heard that 100% solid (welded) mounts vibrate the hell out of the car and are more or less uncomefortable.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
FordBoy4ever said:
but i must say that i have heard that 100% solid (welded) mounts vibrate the hell out of the car and are more or less uncomefortable.
that is a myth. my car is just fine and i have them.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
899 Posts
i have the inserts and it shakes the hell out of my car but i have a totally diff motor. i could only guess what a solid mount would be like.

·
Premium Member
8,139 Posts
it you motor is shaking i think you have problems. motors now adays are built better then back in the 60-70's. they come somewhat balanced from the factory. have you ever seen the wineglasss on a valvecover demo?

NEUMAN

·
Registered
5 Posts
solid mounts

I was just at a site with instructions about filling mounts with Windowweld a couple of days ago. I forgot the address, but they basically just said to fill the voids with the Windowweld and let them set for a few days. Doing one at a time might be a good idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts