FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's where all medical institutions, hosptials and doctors offices, ETC. become government property and all costs come out of your taxes.
forcing the people who make more money, and therefore pay more taxes to pay for the medical needs of the people who get all there taxes back at the end of the year.. or at least that's how I see it.. :wink:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I live in Canada, quebec and here the medecine has been socialized for some years....well first of all..you always have to wait for at least 3 hours in the emergency departement of the hospital...but since we are only 7 milion people in Quebec, i guess this is why the system does not function very well.....The doctors and the nurses are working like hell to offer an appropriate service, but most of the time they fail to due to a lack of employees....and i'd say that there is enought rooms to support the needs of the patients.....they have to sleep in the alley for days, sometime weeks....but...as I say, we are only 7 millions, so the taxes might not help enough...but i guess it's a good system if you are poor....cauz you don't have to pay for the treatments.....but i think that the quality of the treatments is being affected by this system, cauz the equipment is getting old....and there is not enought green to replace it...

but since i've always lived in this system...i just can't think about having to pay 100 $ just to consult your local doctor...it's fucking expensive!!..and i dont event want to think about paying 20 000$$$$ to get some serious operations...
that is unbelievable....i hope you are obliged to be healthy in the US...you can't afford to be sick mouhhahahahaha :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
and geez I guess I'M a lucky bastard ahahha cauz everytime i went to the hospital, wether it twas to take care of some deep cuts i did to myself with my ggrinder or to make blood test, I was always take care of by AWESOME NURSEs hehe...geez...i think i should get sick more often ahahah...it's pretty fun to lay back and get your wounds cleaned by a nice and gentle young women while talking to you with there SOO PLEASANT voices...next time i'll fake fainting ahahahha :)

hehehhe....ahhhhhhhhh Quebec, Canada...where the girls are soooo cute...i'm so lucky to live here....i petty the men from england mouehehe :) No offence...there are some pretty girls everywhere...but at some places, you dont even have to search for them :)
:lol: :D :wink: :roll:

·
Registered
15,581 Posts
I find the sky high taxes and >10% unemployment that comes along with socialized medicine totally unpallatible. I can buy my own health insurance for under $200/month. Socialized medicine would cost me several times that and I wouldn't get much for it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The other thing that makes socialized medicine unacceptable in this country, is that we as a population have no desire to be on equal status with everyone else. We as a population like to know that if we really work our butt off and make boat loads of money we can have everything better - homes, cars, food, vacations, AND health care. It looks great on paper, but then again so did communism.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am glad to see that most of you agree with me on this...
that a social medicene program is just the pathetic people trying to take the movers and shakers for a ride... to me it is no different than welfare..
BTW you guys must be more intelligent than the ERDT crowd, the all had no comment. :roll:
I may not be rich but I also feel that I should have to work for what I get and that the entire country should be evenly and fairly taxed...
Mostly because every time I get a raise my tax percent shoots up..
makes that raise feel almost worthless

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
When in hospitals in the States I didn't find the waits any shorter there than at home. I like not having to pay for a hospital visit. I go to clinics anyway, where the service is better and faster. In the matter of not wanting to live in Canada because the taxes are higher, well that is a whole other topic. There are lots of countries with way higher tax. Sweden is among the highest, but EVERYTHING is paid by the government there. The rich there can be paying as much as 85%. I don't know what you are saying about unemployment. Lots of Canadians want to move to the States but it is hard. You can't just go there and stay. My bro in law had a HMO that turned out to pay for practically nothing when his son was born(and all the stuff during the pregnancy) so he still owes $20000 for that. He moved back to Canada and it took almost a year to get OHIP coverage. So not everyone is covered even though it is social.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I see both sides on this deal. what I'd like to see is a basic goverment system and the ability to pay more for specialized or higher quality "frumpy" places. I agree we can afford health insurance. where I don't agree is for people like my mom who has diabetes. She can NOT get any insurance. Her health problems are her own making but drug costs and any time she see's a doctor its just crazy. I mean we had a little scare the other day. spent 3 hours in the ER to do a couple heart tests and spent 2 grand just to find out she's over stressed!

I think most private owned hospitals are downright criminal.... however it is the american dream to make a buck and live a good life. We live that being a family business. However a 5 day hospital stay can cost you 40 grand easy.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
In the UK we've had our National Health Service since (I think) 1947. We don't pay to visit the doc's surgery nor for home visits. Charges for ambulances and other emergency services are only made in cases where, for example, motor insurance applies.

Prescribed medicines have to be paid for with the exception of persons over the age of 60 or who are on state benefit. An annual 'season-ticket' can be purchased by those who need long-term medicines.

It is not uncommon to wait in A & E for nine hours here and many people are forced to lie on trolleys in corridors for days waiting for a bed in a ward.

Nurses and junior docs., are paid lamentable wages and, therefore, there is always a shortage of both. Although hours of work are subject to a ceiling, this ceiling is persistently ignored and nursing staff and junior docs., are constantly exhausted.

One always has the choice to pay for private health care but will still have to pay the National Insurance contributions which are based on a percentage of earnings. The N.H.S. is also paid by the Government from taxes which, at present, are 22% up to around £40,000, rising to 40% thereafter.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The fact is that some people works as janitors, sometimes because they are not very smart, or sometimes becauses they are immigrants and the PHD they did in there country isn't valid here....I work as a janitor during my summer vacation...and let me tell you that i work hard as HELL and they all work HARD AS HELL...and they are paid about what.....13-14 $ per hour...( Canadian Bucks).....so HEY I'm pretty sure they work a lot more then the guyz i'm cleaning the office.......we ( janitors) don't have time to eat chocolate and drink tons of coffee while we work.,...but when I clean the baskets of these people i'm working with...I can see Nail polish, chocolat bars, tons of coffee cups, pictures of their family, etc etc.....and I assume that they all are making about 40 K and more a year......so you see...the Socialized medicine is meant to make the society more equal...cauz ok....you're not too smart and you can't afford to study hard, cauz you were kicked out of your parent's house while you were sixteen and you had to work your ass to live...so you decided to be a janitor...cauz you ain't have much education.....and here you are now at 26, with very few money on the side, but every damn day you work like a fucking BULL just to pay the damn rent......and then you get sick...and you can't get treatment? and I'm sorry, but when you are poor...200$/month is A FUCKING BIG LOAD OF MONEY.....since you are making around what...1500 $ per months? ....IM SORRY GUYS, but WHen you are rich....and I include myself in this category, you can't really understand the poor one, cauz you don't have to think about how you're going to get food on the table for your children...IM 19 yrsold, almost 20...and I study French litterature at University, and all i can say is that Socialized medecine is good for some reason, and maybe bad for the economy, but geez.....you don't find it immoral to let your neigborh die because he can't make 100 000 $ per year? come on people..think about the other...it's not because you are a janitor that you are lazy....IT'S a fucking hard job and eveybody always get on your back complainning for stupid things such as you left a piece of fucking paper in the basket...GEEZ YOU ARE 45 YEARS OLD AND YOU GET CLEANED BY A 19 YEARS OLD TEEN !?!?!? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU !?!?! A KINDER GARDEN KID OR WHAT??? :evil: :oops: :lol: 8) 8O :?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.