FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gutted and painted the back-half of my EGT. Planning to take out the carpet and headliner in the near future. I've already removed all 4 speakers and the radio/CD player, and am in the process of finding a suitable piece of plastic to make a "Radio Delete Plate" like find in late-80's-early '90's Mustangs so I don't have a big hole in my dash like I do right now.

I've painted my RX-7 VAM and I'm currently in the middle of "tuning it".

It's amazing how much better everything looks with a little "Krylon BBQ and Stove High-Temp Paint" thrown on it. :)

I've also knocked my timing forward a bit (timing gun's at a friend's house), and a few days ago I removed the cruise control and window washer tank and pump.

Anyone have suggestions on who will drain my AC system so I can get all of that out of there? Don't wanna pour any "contaminants" into the ozone.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
it gives you a 1/2 inch bigger opening on the gt models only, wont work on a lx. but i seemed to get a little more milage on it!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't got this one tuned yet (I just ripped everything back apart and stuck all of the platic/rubber hoses for the intake through a dishwasher cycle), but on my old GT, I noticed a smoother throttle response, the engine wasn't as "jittery".

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

This is the cone filter adapter piece off of my "out of commission" '88 Tbird. It fits ok - but it overhangs at the bottom and leaves a gap. I just filled the gap with RTV - good to go.

Idn't she purty?

and, completely off topic, this had me laughing for a solid 10 minutes last night -

·
Registered
911 Posts
tito.....i got one of those laying around here too... what exactly do you have to do to "tune it"? When it comes to tuning, i dont really know all that much about it.

Second thing. I thought about stripping my interior too. I came across a great idea. It weighs practically nothing. If you wanted to get rid of that "frame" look in ur car. You can buy some fiberglass strips and sand it smooth and paint it. I've seen that done alot and its really light and looks good. But thats just my opinion, i'm not a fan of the "steel" look.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this seems to be working fine - http://www.mazdaracer.com/pro/VAF.htm

:) and no, I like how it looks now I painted it..

edit - I almost forgot, I threw in a set of sylvania silverstars left over from one of my old cars.. even with the yellowed headlight lenses, they make one heluva difference.. now i just need to angle them up since my car is a little lighter in the rear now :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sethxtreme said:
lookin good tito, exactly how much faster is it.
I have no local track that I can just run up to real quick, but it feels comparable to my old SHO (mid-15's). I know for a fact if i took everything off of it that I could (dashboard, passenger seat, weater stripping, etc.), advanced the timing to 20* (i wouldn't recommend this), and hacksawwed the exhaust off right in front of the cat, I'd be running a mid-low 14. (That's how my last EGT was and I pulled a car on a "zero-top of third gear" run vs. a '99 Mustang GT and an '00 S2k)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't need anything repaired or refilled. That's the expensive part.

I just want the refridgerant out.
It won't be expensive. If it was expensive, everyone would just let it out into the air, and I don't think we want that.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The custom intake I rigged together today.

I call it "The Sanchez"

The Whore (This is the 5th car this K&N has been in)

The Hose

Together

The VAM Setup

The Hole

Filter in Hole

Final

Final 2

I don't currently own a sawzall, but when I find one to use, I plan to cut a "U" section out of the bottom of the hole there, and bend it down to essentially have a scoop ramming air into the hole the air filter is currently sitting in.

All together, this whole setup cost -
$18 for VAM
$6 for hoses
$4 for hose clamps
$2 for PVC elbow
$? K&N (I dunno how much this was, I bought it like 5 years ago)
$2 Black spray paint 'cause I'm gay.

·
Registered
911 Posts
grav1ty said:
Try a body shop. Your freon is free to them. They will recycle it into another car after it is repaired.

Grav1ty
Where is this at? Federal regulations state that the facilities in which the freon is removed must be an air tight facility in which no freon leak risk is possible. then its diffused into a bunch of chemicals and disolved. I've never seen it free. But maybe i'm wrong...

Tito... Its not ur fault if a friend does it for you w/ out you knowing. So find a friend you dont like as much who has an obsession w/ freon and let him borrow your car. I let my friend borrow my car one day and when i got it back he stole my freon!!!! 8O oh the humanity.

This summer i hope to get a r134 compressor out of like a 95 and put r134 refridgerant in it. Not having A/C in the summer kills me

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
This summer i hope to get a r134 compressor out of like a 95 and put r134 refridgerant in it. Not having A/C in the summer kills me
You pansy. :p

I drove around in my EGT for two years with no AC...I was just happy the heater never broke. :D

Looks badass Tito...guess what? I found a 93 GT auto last night drivin around, it has two huge dents in the rear quarters but I want it so bad.. it even has a moonroof and is red (with decent looking paint)

:drool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.