FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a good ole' north wind that blew our first real snow of the year, through every orfice in the 'Scort. I had it parked facing North and when I went to start it a couple of days ago...it started and ran like CRAP! :mad: The total underside of the hood was FULL of snow to the point that I couldn't even see the engine. 8O

Keep in mind that I have the car in VERY GOOD mechanical condition and everything was working perfect prior to Tuesday morning. I drove it to work (very underpowered and top speed of 50 mph) and when I got home last night, drove it into the shop and parked it for the night. I went outside this morning to take a closer look at things and after removing the timing belt cover, I checked the timing marks. The belt, water pump, and tensioner have less than 50K on the combo. It had jumped two teeth on the belt! :x After removing the belt and having a closer look at it, I determined it needed replacement. Also I'm replacing the serpentine belt and both front sway bar links as one of them was broken off as well.

The only thing I can thing of is that snow must have found its' way in behind the cover to the point where when I started it... things moved. I have never had this problem before and hope to not have it again.

I should have it back together tonight after work but what a royal pain in the a$$...

Just venting

Dave

· Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zzyzzx said:
dave8338 said:
The total underside of the hood was FULL of snow to the point that I couldn't even see the engine.
If that happens again, take a pic of it.
Never thought of that! It would have made a great sig. picture. :lol:

· Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chrisanthony14 said:
do you have a hood scoop?
Nope. We had 40-50 mph North winds and -13 temps, blowing the super light and dry snow, straight through any crack it could find. I even had a layer of snow on the North end of the shop where it blew past the sliding doors. :mad:

Took the back pack blower to both the car and the shop before it warmed up enough to melt. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.