FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hillo!
I have juste know that I blown'up my engine... :(
So...because everything is new on my car!
I was wondering what engine can I put in? :dontknow:
I'm asking you if someone have a website with a list of the compatibilty of a ford escort 96 LX 1.9L engine.
Like...from ford, mazda or another compagny like mistushibshi! (will be fun if it existed!) :wink:
So..if someone have that...I will do anything to have it! (by the way...i'm a guy not a women! so...don't think wrong! :roll: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
yikes... I'm keeping that mental picture from forming!

why do you say you blew the engine? what is/was it doing etc.

the 2.0SPI (from ford) is a virtual drop in. anything else will require new trannies and drive gear etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EgtDude: It blew because some piece detached inside the engine ...
So...I can put a 2.0SPI from ford into my car without any modification?!
Remember..my car is a 96 escort 1.9 manuel!
I cannot put a engine from another compagny like Mazda?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,412 Posts
SyStEmDw said:
EgtDude: It blew because some piece detached inside the engine ...
So...I can put a 2.0SPI from ford into my car without any modification?!
Remember..my car is a 96 escort 1.9 manuel!
I cannot put a engine from another compagny like Mazda?!
The 1.9 you have was a redesign by Mazda. I think the previous non-Mazda design was more reliable.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
zzyzzx said:
SyStEmDw said:
EgtDude: It blew because some piece detached inside the engine ...
So...I can put a 2.0SPI from ford into my car without any modification?!
Remember..my car is a 96 escort 1.9 manuel!
I cannot put a engine from another compagny like Mazda?!
The 1.9 you have was a redesign by Mazda. I think the previous non-Mazda design was more reliable.
Umm. NO.
The 1.6, 1.9 and 2.0 are all CVH ford based, not a single touch of Mazda.
The 1.8 GT is a mazda.
But how much work do you want to do?
Any mazda motor will require a tranny, computer, swap wireing harness, axcels and a bunch of stuff under the hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,412 Posts
Jeffescortlx said:
zzyzzx said:
SyStEmDw said:
EgtDude: It blew because some piece detached inside the engine ...
So...I can put a 2.0SPI from ford into my car without any modification?!
Remember..my car is a 96 escort 1.9 manuel!
I cannot put a engine from another compagny like Mazda?!
The 1.9 you have was a redesign by Mazda. I think the previous non-Mazda design was more reliable.
Umm. NO.
The 1.6, 1.9 and 2.0 are all CVH ford based, not a single touch of Mazda.
Not a single touch of Mazda? Have you even ever seen a 1.9L from 1991-1996? It has Mazda brakes, Mazda master cylinder, Mazda ignition lock, Mazda front defroster vent on the dash (which rattles), and uses Japanese fuel injection (previous Ford design used Bosch made in Germany). The whole car was a Mazda redesign. I owned one of the previous non-Mazda versions. And the Transmission is made in Japan by Mazda for all US Escorts. Get your facts straight!

A made in Japan transmission is more than a "touch of Mazda".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
zzyzzx said:
Jeffescortlx said:
zzyzzx said:
SyStEmDw said:
EgtDude: It blew because some piece detached inside the engine ...
So...I can put a 2.0SPI from ford into my car without any modification?!
Remember..my car is a 96 escort 1.9 manuel!
I cannot put a engine from another compagny like Mazda?!
The 1.9 you have was a redesign by Mazda. I think the previous non-Mazda design was more reliable.
Umm. NO.
The 1.6, 1.9 and 2.0 are all CVH ford based, not a single touch of Mazda.
Not a single touch of Mazda? Have you even ever seen a 1.9L from 1991-1996? It has Mazda brakes, Mazda master cylinder, Mazda ignition lock, Mazda front defroster vent on the dash (which rattles), and uses Japanese fuel injection (previous Ford design used Bosch made in Germany). The whole car was a Mazda redesign. I owned one of the previous non-Mazda versions. And the Transmission is made in Japan by Mazda for all US Escorts. Get your facts straight!

A made in Japan transmission is more than a "touch of Mazda".
I was talking about the 1.9 "motor" not the escort in general.
The original question was for a "Motor" swap.
My 1.9 uses a Ford FPR, and Ford fuel pump and injectors from a Ford cobra. :dontknow:
Trust me, my Facts are Sraight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,412 Posts
Jeffescortlx said:
I was talking about the 1.9 "motor" not the escort in general.The original question was for a "Motor" swap. My 1.9 uses a Ford FPR, and Ford fuel pump and injectors from a Ford cobra. :dontknow:
Trust me, my Facts are Sraight.
The 1991-1996 1.9L engine was redesigned by Mazda (from previous 1.9L). Manufactured in the US, but designed in Japan. Understand?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
zzyzzx said:
Jeffescortlx said:
I was talking about the 1.9 "motor" not the escort in general.The original question was for a "Motor" swap. My 1.9 uses a Ford FPR, and Ford fuel pump and injectors from a Ford cobra. :dontknow:
Trust me, my Facts are Sraight.
The 1991-1996 1.9L engine was redesigned by Mazda (from previous 1.9L). Manufactured in the US, but designed in Japan. Understand?
No I dont under stand.
This is the first time I heard that the 91-96 1.9 was mazda.
I know that the 1.8 is mazda and that the chassie is Mazda, but not the 1.9 motor.
If the 91-96 is redesigned by Mazda, than how come there are so many parts that are interchangeable with the ford first gen 1.9? like all the way down to the head gasket and exhaust gasket. Mazda must not of redesigned much if there is so many simularites form the "Ford" 1.6-1.9 first gen.
Even the heads and pistons are interchangeable.
I have'nt found any mazda parts on my 1.9 secon gen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
zzyzzx said:
Jeffescortlx said:
I was talking about the 1.9 "motor" not the escort in general.The original question was for a "Motor" swap. My 1.9 uses a Ford FPR, and Ford fuel pump and injectors from a Ford cobra. :dontknow:
Trust me, my Facts are Sraight.
The 1991-1996 1.9L engine was redesigned by Mazda (from previous 1.9L). Manufactured in the US, but designed in Japan. Understand?
I understand but its wrong. the 1.8BP engine is a mazda engine. the 1.9CVH.... notice the CVH? is a ford engine. just like the 1.6CVH and older 1.9CVH before it. just updates of the same old design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,296 Posts
This is the side I'm on, and I'll stick to it.

Ford Escort 91-96.

GT's are basically a Mazda protege with Ford taking care of the interior and exterior styling.

LX's are again a Mazda protege, with Ford taking care of the interior and exterior styling. However the powertrain, ie. engine and tranny, are all of Ford design. Not a single piece of Mazda can be found on my 1.9. If Mazda designed or redesigned the 1.9, they wouldn't build two sets of trannies, for two engines that close in size and power it makes no sense mechanically or financially to build two sets of trannies. The 1.9 trannies are non interchangeable with the 1.8 trannies because of this fact.

More proof my 1.9 is made by Ford.

Like jeffscortlx said, follow the CVH

I can get and IAC for my 1.9 from any Ford 3.0v6 or 3.8v6, I'm sure there's others (can't remember off of the top of my head) Can't find the IAC I need on any Mazda that I know of.

Can't find a mass airflow sensor on a Mazda, they're all vane airflow meters. But you can find tonnes of them on Fords.

Good ol Ford (Bosch) injectors.

Universal Ford fuel pressure regulator.

Fuel rail screams Ford.

My belt tensioner is used on the Triton V8's (at least the first gen Tritons)

I believe the 1.9's made their way into the topaz at one time.(maybe)

Ford distributorless ignition.

That's enough of that. :D

Remember Ford :!:

Matt 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx for arguying! :p
I want to swap the engine without any major modification..just basically...take the old one out and put the new one...
My garage found one at 535 CA buck and a refurbish from Ford are 2500 CA $ :oops:
Calculate 12 to 15 hour of work at 48 CA $ = 720 $ + 535 $ = 1255 $ --> 900 US !!!
And the guy from Ford say that they never seen a 1.9 engine blown-up! :|
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
SyStEmDw said:
Thx for arguying! :p
I want to swap the engine without any major modification..just basically...take the old one out and put the new one...
My garage found one at 535 CA buck and a refurbish from Ford are 2500 CA $ :oops:
Calculate 12 to 15 hour of work at 48 CA $ = 720 $ + 535 $ = 1255 $ --> 900 US !!!
And the guy from Ford say that they never seen a 1.9 engine blown-up! :|
Your in luck, since you have a 96 (OBD2) it will be really easy to drop in a Escort 97 2.0 SPI motor in to your 96. You dont need to swap trannys or computer or harness. I have a how to over at ERDT and here some were to just search for it.
I just use junk yard motors for about 300 bucks with no problems at all.

I think we all agree that the 1.6, 1.9 HO, second gen 1.9 and third gen 2.0 are all FORD motor.
A well maintained 1.9 is a stong cookie, I have 120k mi with 6 psi with no problems.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top