FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what is doing this but mabye you guys can help me. In the mornings when i get into my scort and start it up it starts blowing white smoke out of the tail. It really onle does it after it has sat there for a while like over night. I took it to the shop and they said that i needed new valve stem seals, so i had them do that. Then they said that my canshaft had a chunk out of it and it needed to be replaced, so i had then do that also all togeather it cost me $1,000 for it. I take it home and they said that it would do it for a while longer because there was oil built up somewhere. I drove it for about a month and it still continues to do it. I am getting pissed and i dont know what the problem is so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Blowing white smoke huh? thats Coolant, you are burning coolant, check your levels and take it back to the shop and tell them to get their heads out of their asses. you have a crack in your block (most likely) good luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i used to have white smoke coming out under the hood in the morning. turns out that one of the coolant hoses was leaking ONTO the block or maybe transmission i forget, but it was sitting in a puddle there and thus there was smoke. finally i had to fill it up every week with coolant so i got all my hoses changed, end of problem. but out of the tailpipe, now that´s a different story.......yea your block is probly cracked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts