FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am new on here, did a search but didnt find much, i have a 91 Egt, wondering if i can get rid of this goofy canister with all the hoses up behind the passenger side headlight?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
ok so welcome man!

ok not sure what you're talking about, there's a cruise control module that has .... a vacuum line going into it and coming out and a cable that goes in the dash to hold the gas petal, or you're talking about the charcoal canister on the firewall that has a vacuum line going in it, and out, and one that dangles out the bottom, if you are talking about either yes you can remove them just be sure to cap off the vacuum lines on the intake manifold and be prepared to not have cruise control, as for the charcoal canister it's just strictly for emissions so rip it off at will! I just put the vacuum line that goes in it and out I put those 2 together it just sucks off vapors from the gas tank, so I just get a bit of gas vapors down the intake instead of venting it into the atmosphere.

feel free to PM me with any questions I know a good deal about these, and so do a lot of the guys here, but please before you start asking questions about other modifications use the search button lots of good info just gotta search :)

have a good one!

*edit* now that I read your post again you did search! great! if you can't find something by searching then by all means post away!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The only thing behind the passenger headlight with a bunch of hoses going to it is the cruise control. the charcoal canister is on the firewall.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is suggested that if you remove the charcoal canister and plug the lines, that you get a vented gas cap.

No reason to delete the cruise control, for our sake its badass to have a 250whp+ car with cruise on the freeway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it must be the cruise control, and its gonna be a rally car, so it will be gone eventually, thank for your help, i had asked a local guy what it was he thought its was a smog pump, or emissions thing, but its the curise control. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts