FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went under an F-series truck last night with the 'Scort, it didn't end well. I was hoping it would be a hood, fender, headlight, but I pushed in the radiator support and bent the driver's front corner. I can replace the support, but how am I going to get that left side rail straight? Can I just hammer it back, or am I going to need a surgeon? I'm pissed at my own stupidity. :jocolor:

I embedded some pics here: http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=572730#572730

Thanks guys--
Tom

·
Registered
195 Posts
The damage is done. Pound on it and see if you can get it close to where it was before. You can't make it any worse.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Remove the front bumper and if confident the front support and like skaterbro said there is damage done, so you don't loose anything by pounding it with a hammer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have straightened out a few inner panels, depending on how bad they are crushed. Try to get some pressure on it and pull it with a chain hoist or a come-along. While pulling, heat the bent sheet metal with a good torch. Play the flame around the area a little so you don't burn through. If you heat the metal and pull it in the direction opposite to the impact direction, it will straighten out. Just take your time and go slow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts