FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this site loading REALLY slow for anyone else? Its loading slower than dial up and i dont think its a problem on my end because i have no problems with any other sites and my D/L speeds are normal. :?

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
The load times are normal for me, but I have been having another issue with this site. Sometimes when I come here, I get a warning from my anti-virus saying that it has blocked a suspect cookie from the site. After that, I have to close the window, because it causes internet explorer to lock up. This only happens with FEOA... no other sites.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Dave94LX said:
it causes internet explorer to lock up.
Meh, IE sucks anyway. Just about anything can cause IE to lock up lol.

I haven't been having trouble with the site at all lately.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
well... when your using a company provided computer, you have to use the browser that they provide. If I load Firefox on here, it will magically unload itself. Same with any messanger programs.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this is weird. Everything works great except for FEOA. POS you know as well as i do that you only sent me links to 10 pr0n videos.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I seem to have regained my super duper speed. I still dont understand why it was slow as **** for a few days but oh well.:)

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I have been using Firefox since it first came out. Then I tried IE again a few months ago and it randomly crashes. Though I must admit, all the browsers I have tried use too much memory. I open a new site and Firefox uses 3mb more! The webpage I opened is under 1 MB in size so why do all the browsers have to use 3-4mb?! I have had Firefox using over 200mb of memory before!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have always used IE except sometimes at school i've had to use firefox. IE7 used to freeze up or crash on occasion but since I updated to IE8 I haven't had any problems. Madmatt it sounds like you need MOAR RAM :lol:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
It must just be me, but Firefox seems to crash more than IE8. I used to be a huge firefox fan, but IE8 is much more stable imo. Its great if you like to customize your browser and such, but IE8 has grown on me.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
to tell you the truth, between IE8, Firesucks 2.0, and Hopera, IE has never failed me! Opera is good for one thing only, Bittorrents. Firefox is only good for D/L rates. IE, destroys the other browsers surfing!

Well, this is all based on me having a computer less than a year old. if I had my own way, it'd be a Asus, but its the HP junker version of one. Prior computers were Asus, (A7N8X-VM/400, AMD 3000+ Barton, FTW!!!).

Most school & work computers are crap NEways. They barely meet the Minimum requirements for the OS they run. Trust me, I work on a Military base, and they won't even pay to get decent computers. :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts