FEOA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I'm going to guess the slicks came on those rims. and that they are meant to be. wider contact patch == more grip. The tire was probably made that way on purpose, it looks aggressive!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The slicks didn't come on those wheels, but they are meant for about a 6.5" wheel. No worries on sealing as they are tubed. They are actually circle track or SCCA type slicks, but they still help out greatly with my traction issues.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What are the specs on the rims and tires? The reason I ask is that I have a set of 15" mustang wheels that are going to get some P205/50 ZR15s soon, and I am just curious what clearance issues I might run into.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Which tires, which wheels and which car? I have two EXPs with four different pairs of wheels at this point. Also, which Mustang wheels? Most Mustang wheels will have too much offset and look a bit goofy in the front, but just right in the rear, it is likely that they will rub in the back also.

·
Registered
167 Posts
5" backspace, a lot of offset. I am going to make a set of flares and a front air dam for land speed speed racing, so the car will look goofy anyway. I can make a spacer for if I need to, shouldn't need more than a 1/2", since stock bs was 4.5 as I measure. What I am asking about are the slicks on the front for steering clearance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts