FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I know stock inst 2". I can't remember exactly what it is though *L* I want to say 1 7/8 or 1.75.

<shamelesssalespitch>
Don't forget I can get almost any part...which included mufflers of your choice as welll as our almost done catback system

·
Registered
135 Posts
underneath my car is sounding like total crap now.. i need something..im gettin awful noises when i turn.. rattlin dingding stuff haha..i know i need a new flex pipe.. i pretty much want a whole new exhaust... i just dunno if i can afford it.. i know u said this system could be installed easily .. but if im stupid and dunno much u think i could install this myself ? hehe

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Matt named it...its 1.75" stock

2.25" is a good upgrade size for performance for a nearly stock GT. However, if you get too small of a muffler for the 2.25" you will get alot more sound than you may want...

I used to beable to hit about a 120dB's pretty easy with the exhaust. If you go 2.25" then go 2.5" axle back into a 2.5" in muffler it sounds pretty mellow and deep.

(for improved sound...add a turbo as part of your exhaust system :wink: :lol: )

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
TheBlade said:
Matt named it...its 1.75" stock

2.25" is a good upgrade size for performance for a nearly stock GT. However, if you get too small of a muffler for the 2.25" you will get alot more sound than you may want...

I used to beable to hit about a 120dB's pretty easy with the exhaust. If you go 2.25" then go 2.5" axle back into a 2.5" in muffler it sounds pretty mellow and deep.

(for improved sound...add a turbo as part of your exhaust system :wink: :lol: )
I told ya last night bob, it's 1.75" but no you didn't believe me. :p

I like Blades Idea of adding a turbo as part of your exhaust system. And I'm going to go with Matt's 2.25" catback system with the magnaflow muffler at the end. I just need to get the flex pipe, a high flow cat and an adaptor to fit my turbo to my downpipe and I'm all set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts