FEOA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, some of you may have noticed the site was actin weird earlier today, but that was only for a couple min. i was preparing the site for the new message board. there is a possibility that i put the new message board up tonight. so if you see that there is no longer a link to the forums, don´t worry. it should be back shortly. the site will not lose posts, i have a script that i have been tweaking that will transfer everything over so we should have no problems at all. along with the change of the message board, some things need to be changed with other parts of the site, so you may notice some weird things happening, hopefully it won´t take all that long and everything should be up and running asap. this new board will fix all of the message board problems we had before.

you may also notice some new graphics, i´m bored so i´m goofin round with them.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, the message board has been mostly transfered over....there will be some problems for the next few days. so post any problems that you run into here to help me list them. i will try and fix them as soon as i can. enjoy the new board.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
wow... love the new board. Obviously there are some little things that need doing but this is sooo much better.

Good work donnie. you must have been busy this weekend!

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took me forever!!!! i started at 11:30pm and finished at around 3:00am. plus i have been working on the script to transfer over everyones private messages.

NOTE: there is a little bug logging into the board, u need to goto the very bottom of the forum index and login down there. then you can post.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Slapyo said:
NOTE: there is a little bug logging into the board, u need to goto the very bottom of the forum index and login down there. then you can post.
Hey, what do you know.. it does work! :D Good work Slappy 8)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Last * Posts...

Okay, just my opinion, I think it's cool and all, but could we do without the scrolling Last * Posts window? I think it was better before. If more people like it the way it is, then that's cool too.

Wait a minute, wouldn't that be considered rice? :lol:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:roll: Why are we getting all the coding on the sigs? Otherwise I like the new site layout even though it has taken me 6 hours to be able to log-on. A great job Slapyo!! Thank you. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rellimpk:
we will see what people like better, and if we wana go back to the other one, i will make one that does that. not a problem!

foxy:
i'm sorry, i had forgot 1 file to upload which messed up the whole thing. also, this message board i have turned off the HTML in the posts. you can goto your message board profile and look around and change it.

this switch was for the better i hope. there are a few bugs that need to be fixed. i am working on them right now.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Yeah.. I'm going to agree about the Last 10 Posts ticker.. it looks very nice, but is hard to use. I'm a big fan of the old one. I'm sure there are other ways to spruce it up.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
:( I miss kenny :(

:!: My God, they killed Kenny!!! :evil:

Am I going round the twist? Last time I looked it was Monday 12th May, 5.55pm British Summer Time - now apparently it's tomorrow!!! :?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
FINALLY!!! custom avatars!

can you upp the size limit to around 12K instead of 6K? 80x80 @ 6K is fairly shitty quality...

The tickertape "last 10 posts" has gots ta go...

The background of the website overall isn't too fantastic imo. I think that something like straight white would contrast the light blue interior "main table".

Or you can get jiggy wid it and get a background like hkpro.com. They have a nice subtle striped background, and we could do something like light blue/white that would look nice.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Site question...

Okay, why does it take you to the last post when you go to a thread? I personally find it kind of annoying, as I like to start at the beginning, if only to recap what's been said already. Again, I think this would be better left up to a vote or something.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The reason why it hits the bottom of the thread is because it assumes you are an FEOA junkie and you've already read and memorized every post, and you keep the page refreshed once every 2 seconds, so it only shows the new stuff... the latest posts.

It's great for the resident post whores like myself and jamuel, but if you aren't up to date wid da threadz, then you gunna find youself in a whole heap o' shiznaz.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Pic limit?

Is the picture limit no longer in effect for the showcase? I only ask because it doesn't say it on the Car Showcase start page, not that I've seen anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Lookin good except that scrolling last 10 posts thing. Also just wondering about the FEOA banner at the top, why it's a zx2, I don't think there is a single zx2 owner on the board. Otherwise I think it's sweet.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
scroller will be fixed soon as i get a chance to. it will show last 25 and it will not scroll.

the banner is just an idea of what i wanted. i can fix it anytime, but it's kinda the least of my worries right now with the new message board. but i was thinking of putting up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen scorts on it. maybe some euroscorts if i got some good pics.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts