FEOA Forums banner

Do you use Online Now in User Info block?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the userinfo block it lists who is online now. is this something that you guys can do without or would you like to see it? this also requires quite a few queries to display this information.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I think it should be on all the time, but only if you're logged on... if your not logged on, or ur just a guest, I think it should just show the # of visitors and members online (so that people can at least see how popular it is, but not see everyone's names). I personally like to see whose all online, it shows me the best time to post or send people messages.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
I use it, but I don't think it's a hard-core necessity. I agree that some people will only PM when they know the target user is on-line.

Occasionally when I'm at work, I read posts as a visitor, but don't login. It's "nice" to see who is logged in during those times, but I don't generally think visitors even consider who is logged in.

Therefore - IMO the best thing is only for registered users to know which other users are on-line.

The real lesson is that I shouldn't be browsing this site while I'm being paid to do other stuff.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
It should also refresh sooner. Looks like it retains about an hour worth of history, so it's not really who is online now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts