FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a idea about putting a 1/4 mile section on the site where each of us (those who care) would put our 1/4 mile time and it would include (outside tempeture, mods, location) and we could compare our 1/4 mile.

Also, this would only be possible if we have a scanned sheet of our slip that we could upload.

Im a person who really likes to know that kind of stuff (details).

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
thats a good idea. what if i made a timeslips forum. you would make the post subject your uname and date of run and then in the body you could post the timeslip along with other info. however posts with no timeslip would be deleted by mods.

then in each post people could discuss the timeslip.

ie:

Slapyo - 10/1/03
then inside i would post a pic of the slip and the info.

however if i went to the track again another day i would put:

Slapyo - 10/8/03

lemme know what you think about that. i could post a "posting rules" thread and make it sticky describing what to do. if the rules were not followed a mod would just delete the thread. not to be a jerk about it, but it would keep the forum in order and easier to read/understand.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a great idea. Aslong as you don't make it like a post with alot of images. What i was thinking of was like the car showcase with every user (that wants to be put in) and with 1 to 3 timeslipt where we could post comments.

It's just that for most of us were into performance and this is a great way to test the difference.

We could also have a car profile (miles, mod)

I know you'll think of a great idea :D

Hope you understand my bad english.

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I was at the dragway I guy came to talk to me, he was asking me why I was doing good time. He said with his LX the best he could do was 16.7. The thing is here the tempeture is cooler that is why canadian make very good time on the quarter mile compared to the others.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
done, timeslips forum is in the racing category, and it's the last forum. sorry! but it will help people notice that there are more forums down that way hehe. plus they will show up in the last 20 posts. enjoy, and lets see those timeslips....make sure you read the rules first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sweet idea with the times, but what of us losers who dont have scanners, I wanna post my times, is there some way you could mark which ones are verified and which are being posted on trust, cause i would post my time and speed, I know I'm not quick but im not ashamed. So i would put my real time. So maybe 2 sections or something where one is for if you can post your slip and the other is if you cant? just a suggestion

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
hrm, you bring up a good point. i will modify the rules for the moment so that you can post your times. however i want everything on the timeslip on the post, like 60ft, crap like that. am going home and will change the rules. thanks for bringing that to my attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.