My headlights are headlights from a 1997 BMW M3. I got em on ebay.
However, I STRONGLY recommend to stay away from the 5-series lights like I did. I was going to do angeleyes, thinking that the headlight cover just popped off. Man was I wrong. there´s a silicone bead that runs in this channel along the perimeter of the headlight casing, making the cover IMPOSSIBLE to take off. I must have spent like 5 hours trying to get that bastard child off... no luck whatsoever. Those BMW people made that shit tight. Too tight.
Anyway, the euro lens is way better and will let you take the cover off with a few easy clips. I should have gotten these, but I was basically without guidance because I was one of the first people to do it. At least that I know of. Anyway, I may take a dremel tommorrow and cut apart my beloved lights and put in the angel eyes. It will probably take a solid 10 hours of work, because the cover is acrylic, and it´s super super easy to crack. On top of that, I need voltage regulation systems for the LEDs, switches, mounting and drilling through the headlight casing. It´s gonna be a freakin pain in the ass, but I´m hoping it wil be worth it.
Well anyway, this mod definetly isn´t plug-and-play. I´d say that all in all, it took me about 18 hours of work to get them fully mounted, wired, and adjusted, but that´s mainly because I didn´t have any help on any of it, anywhere. I had to go really slowly, check all my work, etc etc. Also be careful because the frame depth on the left side of the car isn´t as deep as it is on the right side. Also, the bumper is too high up for the lights, the corner lights need additional support, the angle of the lights needs to be adjusted... the list goes on. You´ll think... "oh okay, I´ll just set in the lights, screw em down, and I´m set."
W R O N G
this is exactly what I thought. I thought, "maybe a few hours to drill a couple holes, everything will line up really nicely and I´ll be rockin by lunch time." Well I went for 3 days without ANY lights in the front of my car. That was fun. You´ll find out that nothing lines up, nothing is symmetric, it´s too far right, too far left, doesn´t line up with the hood, doesn´t point in the right direction... it´s a bit overwhelming at times. And it takes some pretty exceptional patience. You want to cut everything apart quickly and make it work, but if you do, you´ll cut off too much and you´ll be screwed. Just take your time, and keep a cool head, and you´ll come out in the clear.
There really isn´t a "set way" to do the mod. It takes some creativity and a lot of time an patience. Just stick with it.