FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, frankly I like the side mirrors on the EGT look goofy. Too utilitarian and not Euro-'nuff for me.

Has anyone tried replacing these with better looking models? What are the options? What about at least painting them? Pics?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
if you just straight paint them, they look to oarang epeely. you have to sand them smooth which can be done, just use a hand sander.
i have 3rd gen mirrion on my 95 gt, need to drill a few holes and a littel wiring work. there is a how to on erdt. or you can run 1st gen protege they are supposed to be a direct fit and paint nicely!

·
Registered
822 Posts
ok...... 1st gen protege, is what years???? and what do they look like???? are they better looking than the 2nd gen EGT??? do they bend like my 2nd gen GT's if you push on them (so they don't break)????? does anybody have pics????? and can i just wire them up and use my stock power mirror controls??

·
Registered
244 Posts
90-94 Protege mirrors are direct bolt up. I am putting them on my car this next week in the last leg of body work I am doing. Wiring is identical too. They are rounder and yes they have the breakaway feature. I will post pics of my car when it is done either this week or next.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
yes again like people have said 90-94 protege mirrors look way more euro than ours. but only the LX model. the others are more square similar to ours. i guess they dont fit perfect but they fit really pretty good. it is plug and play all the screws still work without drilling and it plugs right into our connection but again the triangle area to fill the corner of the door has a slightly different shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts