FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
there is a overseas motor shop out here in santa ana ca, they quoted me 600 with the turbo. but me buddys boss is freinds with their boss and they have been getting 98 honda motors for like 350, so we are going to try and get it for under 400. but look for any jap motor shop, look in the mags there are tons of people with j spec motors sales in them.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
i had no idea you could get one off the net. dude, whenever anyone finds another link to the 1.8. post 'em up. the more the merry-er.

btw, i've heard of jdm. it's all what my friends talk about.. it's like a generic aftermarket engine that has 200-somthin horsepower.

·
Registered
911 Posts
James92Scort said:
92gt5spd said:
yeh jdm is very very popular. Most ppl use them in their hondas and ****. Most import ppl use jdm engine swaps and jdm parts alot
Yeah...the funny part is getting a JDM motor nets the same amount of hp ratings, but is cheaper in the long run to buy and ship.
That and because of their popularity, ricers who dont know crap about cars think they are getting a better engine.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
92gt5spd said:
James92Scort said:
92gt5spd said:
yeh jdm is very very popular. Most ppl use them in their hondas and ****. Most import ppl use jdm engine swaps and jdm parts alot
Yeah...the funny part is getting a JDM motor nets the same amount of hp ratings, but is cheaper in the long run to buy and ship.
That and because of their popularity, ricers who dont know crap about cars think they are getting a better engine.
No...they ARE getting a better engine. Most USDM motors have crazy amounts of mileage on them, when you buy from osaka or hmotorsonline.com you're getting a motor with 30k or LESS miles on it. It has nothing to do with the "ricer" attitude. It's simply CHEAPER to buy an imported motor than it is to buy a USDM motor. A *B18c5 would cost you upwards of 7 grand for ONLY the motor. Buying a ^JDM B18c5 would cost you 4500-5000 which includes the tranny, ecu, and depending where you get it from a host of other necessities.

*B18c5= Integra Type R motor, 195 hp 148 ft l bs torque.
^JDM B18c5= Integra Type R motor, 197 hp 148 ft lbs torque.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup...james is Right..>JDM motors are more powerfull then the US Version...i dont know why actually....maybe in order to protect the US market...dont know.. maybe emission laws? dunno anyways..i know that most JDM motors have better specs then US version... Us version are downgrades...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
ther eonly allowed like 280 hp over ther or somethign like that. the sti here puts out more hp thant the jdm version stock

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
They have a voluntary hp cap, 276 hp...the only thing they really have to do is ADVERTISE 276 hp, but when you dyno the car and get 300 RWhp, you know they be lyin. :D :D

Every year they keep bumping up the torque production on their cars as the "upgrade."

and STi's here do make more power than JDM STI's, which is why the Japanese are importing USDM STi's to Japan. :D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
They're still selling the ej20 (2.0L) powered WRX STi in Japan because there are huge taxes to pay for larger displacement engines. The ej25 (2.5L) WRX STi we got here in the states is more powerful than those anywhere else in the world, and supposed to get a bump for 2005 :D

Yeah, a 2-rotor RX7 is advertised at 276hp, and the 3-rotor Cosmo is advertised at 276hp... 50% more displacement, but the same power 'rating' ;) The '66 MarkIV 427 Corvettes were 'under-rated' from the factory at 425hp, because if the true figure (about 450hp) were released, insurance rates would become prohibitibly high for the buyers.
I like the 155mph gentleman's agreement in Germany.. cars are limited to 155mph, but there's no real limit on HP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts