FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,117 Posts
yessir, same chassis just different motor/trans and brakes/sway bars. and other stuff but that's the main differences.

so yep 1.9 shifters will fit in your EGT. I THINK the shifter lever that goes from shifter to trans is different between EGT and LX, but am not sure.

· Registered
323 Posts
well i have a 95 egt it was an auto...

when i got my shifter from an lx wagon (1.9) they had a egt on the lift luckily.

so here what is the same from what i seen.

the 2 round steel bars that go to the trans are the same...as well as the shifter that bolts in the body.

now if its for sure gonna fit i dunno cause im still lookin for a 5 speed for mine lol

· Registered
5,229 Posts
I believe that the shifter rod that connect to the transmission to input gear selection is different from the LX to the GT. The input location is different so when I picked up entire LX shifter assembly to fix my "dropped" issue, I had to reuse the GT's shift control rod. The stabilizer bar is in the same location. That's my experience, Why are you changing yours, I assume it dropped as well. I prevented mine from dropping when I had the trans out and installed the short throw shifter. I drilled through both plates near the stabilizer rod and bolted them together. No more dropping!

· Registered
5,229 Posts
fast_five_oh said:
not to say your wrong low...but y in the hell would the ones i got have matched up exactly..i mean same bends an everything...

also love the wheels you got
I am confused, do you have a GT one to sight against a LX one? It was years ago, but I do recall having to take the assembly back out to swap the one rod...my experience nothing more.

Thanks, they're 17" Enkei RS5.

· Registered
323 Posts
LOWETGT said:
fast_five_oh said:
not to say your wrong low...but y in the hell would the ones i got have matched up exactly..i mean same bends an everything...

also love the wheels you got
I am confused, do you have a GT one to sight against a LX one? It was years ago, but I do recall having to take the assembly back out to swap the one rod...my experience nothing more.

Thanks, they're 17" Enkei RS5.
yea i had the lx one off car an the gt was still on the car..the gt car was on a lift so i could get under it..

i held the shift bar to the gt bar an they looked the exact same...but u never know ive done stufdf like it before an it didnt fit

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOWETGT said:
I believe that the shifter rod that connect to the transmission to input gear selection is different from the LX to the GT. The input location is different so when I picked up entire LX shifter assembly to fix my "dropped" issue, I had to reuse the GT's shift control rod. The stabilizer bar is in the same location. That's my experience, Why are you changing yours, I assume it dropped as well. I prevented mine from dropping when I had the trans out and installed the short throw shifter. I drilled through both plates near the stabilizer rod and bolted them together. No more dropping!
i am converting my automatic transmission to a manual but i have a few one nines in the yard that i can take the shifters off so i think thats what im gonna do

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Shweet! So when I swap everything over from DS into DSGT, Most everything (since I have NO engine mods) will mount right up... Freakin sweet! You check out that website for cheap EGT grills btw?

· Registered
1,117 Posts

· Registered
1,389 Posts
Dude Jer, I looked on RA too, and I couldn't find them o_O Must be discontinued or something. That sucks, I know they USED to have them. Chrome would be kinda....gawdy, or tacky (Just IMO,) but I'd like to see someone try it and make it work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.