FEOA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 94 egt stick , recently swapped in a motor from a 95 , installed new clutch pilot bearing ect .. shifter seemed normal while car was sitting still and not ran .. than once i moved it forward to drive it it got really stiff verticaly . checked for stuff on linkage nothing , lubed up pin on tranny nothing , could it be a bent linkage please help guys this car is driven alot like 1k a week and im unsure if i should put a tranny in it oh it drives 100 percent though gears work fine just stiff up n down not left n right , n its sloppy now when in gear thankssssss!!!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what could be wrond with the mounts ? and how could i tell . im going to swap out the entire linkage today

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
they might be bad. Check the engine movement by being under the hood and reving the engine from under there. It shouldn't have too much movement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it moves when i rev it as well as startup . . whats grease lightning ? ..besides the grease thing i mean . . im oging under it today to see linkage

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so an updat , i notice traans fluid dripping on the floor .. its coming from . the vss .. seems really watery .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i left the tranny in the car and did not touch it . it has 76xxx miles on it i changed out the motor cause it went into a hue puddle of water and went up exhaust into engine .

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Its probably from the clutch master cylinder. Is the fluid on the drivers side on the floor? if so its probably brake fluid from the clutch master cylinder.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What i would suggest is changing the fluids again anyway if it seems watery cause when i did mine it came out looking like the same fluid i put in there, and they recommend dexmerc atf for those trannys, from what it sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging all the way, and have you tried adjusting the clutch pedal itself? that could be a part of the problem, or bleeding the slave cylinder on the tranny as well? that could help out alot. if your master cylinder would be leaking your brakes would be screwing up to... i think, i may be wrong on that one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright ll try draining fluid and bleeding clutch .. i ran a couple more test . it goes right from fith to reverse wthout any blockacge like it used to be ya know .. also its stiff even when cars off with clutch presssed or not still stiff . does that ring any bells on previous problems ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine felt the same whether the car was on or off, its just when the car is on i obviously had to put the clutch in but either way it shifted just fine all the way around. the car was on flat ground when you did that test?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah it was pretty flat .. so the fluid would effect it even if the cars off ? i didnt think thjats possible but im not good with trannys . ill be bleeding clutch tonight and changing fluid tommorrow

·
Registered
87 Posts
if the fluid has water in it thats not good on the tranny regardless if the car is on or off, like if you had the head off the engine and it rained, the car is still off, but it doesn't mean it isn't doing any harm to the engine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok im about to bleed clutch now . ill swap out tranny fluid tommorow .. i been trying to rush this but i work alot of hours n shit . and the motor has not been in rain . motor runs stong as bals lol . the tranny ehh well see i got a guy whol rebuild it for 350

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just priced it just in case trannys messed up , and in case you ment motor car really has 76k on it body mint no rust but the dam idiot overheated it , no oil changes , didnt care about it and i brought it back to life ( for now ) and it always blew smoke at 7k rpm so i plannd on swapping motor anyway , and i tried stopping but brakes were wet and under water it went up to cyl head coverd i immediatly backed out now i got a new motor but thought tranny was fine but idk now .. update i bled clutch it didnt do much pedal feels good . but i noticed if i let car sit a while itll go in gear good . only a little while .. just picked up trans fluid going to change it out but lovely rain comes .. it only raing when im off and working on the gt i swear ha

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i just started it this morning its got a lil lovely blue smoke , and check coolant light came on .lol its nothing major , iacv is leaking intake i think ... i pray anyway lol .. smokes no biggie im used to it by now , motor ran great when pulled i just gotts use my old tb .. but im more concernd about the tranny . i usually drive my gt 1000 miles a week and its all nice n fast n fast but now i got a 95 lx 5speed no power at all well to me anyway the civic next door begs to differ :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts