FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 93 egt manual, the shifter dropped to the ground the other day.. im trying to locate a new/used one but cannot figure out what this piece is called, i believe that it is called a shift housing, but it could be somthing completely different.. i might need to goto a junkyard to get this part because i cannot find it online anywhere. any help would be appreciated!

· Registered
552 Posts
just put a self tapping screw through to hold the two plates together. Or do like I did and weld the two plates together. You dont even need to take the shifter out of the car.

If you do get a replacement, it may just do that again soon enough.

· Registered
5,229 Posts
I just call it the shifter assembly. I had the same problem several times, and last time, (money constraints) I just did the self-tapping trick and it works fine. The shifter out of the LX will work, but the control rod needs to swapped to meet up with trans. I am waiting on doing the exhaust, shifter bushings and e-brake cables do bother ripping into it again.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thanks for that idea, i was considering doing something along those lines, when you tap into the other plate is the a certain spot to drill so there will be no obstruction? I just put the lower mileage motor in tonight and this is one of the last things that needs to be done besides, fill the tranny with fluid... which i found to be a little trickier than i thought, any chance anybody knows if the fluid just goes into that tiny little hole? do i need some kind of fancy funnel? thanks

· Registered
552 Posts
drill near to the corners if in doubt. If you search, there are pics, and I think a how-to for it.

As for filling the tranny. I reuse those little quart bottles of 80-90 that have the pointy cap and fill them with honey oil or whatever kinda tranny fluid I need for whatever car I am filling. Then I put a short piece of hose on the end of the pointy part of the cap where I have cut off the tip.

My description sucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.