FEOA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm racing a '92 pony on a quarter mile track. I'm currently in 9th place in points with one race to go and would like to get an edge on the the other cars. Can anyone tell me how to set up my car? I don't have any money, so it has to be either home made parts, or suspension set up.

It currently has these specs: 1.9L four, 5 speed, enduro type cage, 175/70R13 tires all the way around (used sumitomo HTR200 in front and right rear, and a "junkyard" right rear.) I'm running 50 P.S.I. in the right front, 40 in the left front, 30 right rear and 27 in the left rear. It has maximum allowable camber in the front, and 1/8" toe out. I'm running a straight thru exhaust (no cat, no muffler), a left rear spring that has two coils missing from being broke, and the right rear has all coils, but two are broke apart. It has stock brakes, and no air filter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
we run on a 1/10 flat to negative banked paved track. we have 2 spring rubbers in the right front, with 5.5 degrees camber, one in the right rear with 4.5 degrees nothing in the left front but 4 rubbers in the left rear. our dirver really likes this. Also we have the front sway bar on the right side loosened up. Took out two of the spacers, and completely disconnected in the rear. Car handles well but lacks on power so take it how you will

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What spacers for the front bar? I'm not really familiar with sway bars. Also: I just got my hands on some brand new 185/75R13 tires (for free), and was wondering if it would help if I put on the right rear? (I don't feel comfortable putting one on the front, they aren't a great tire for durability.) I hear that it helps with the turns. What does everyone think about this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont think it would hurt, i run a 195/70 on my right rear and she seemed to turn a little better, also have the bigger rear sway bar off a wagon which made it looser and quicker, but i run a 3rd gen, dont think 2nd gens are to differen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It made the car looser, it was real loose but it was quick combined with the power steering and a/c delete, all i needed was to get a set of sticky tires, not the 800 treadwear coopers i've been running.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy Crap! 8O It was like night and day! The car was actually too loose! I went from extreme understeer to almost doing 180s just by changing tires! haha, it was fun, but when it went sideways, it slowed me down, lol! But i still finished 7th out of 48 cars!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts