FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of a clutch swap and it look like the hydraulic line to my clutch is completely seized.

I was thinking about cutting the line and replacing it (as well as the assembly on the clutch housing). Is that entire assembly the slave cylinder? Or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You don't need to disconnect the line

It goes through some mounts that attact at teh top of teh tranny. Just unbolt them and move the slave cylinder with the line still attached out of the way.
Thats what i did when I did my SPI swap..there is no need to bleed the clutch at all unless that line is disconnected. But if you really wanna disconnect it. Replace it witha stainless steel line from corksport.

John

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can you bleed any fluid out of the line from the slave cylinder?

Chances are it is the slave cylinder, not the line... Unless it is visibly damaged.

Ryan

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JohnScort said:

It goes through some mounts that attact at teh top of teh tranny. Just unbolt them and move the slave cylinder with the line still attached out of the way.
Thats what i did when I did my SPI swap..there is no need to bleed the clutch at all unless that line is disconnected. But if you really wanna disconnect it. Replace it witha stainless steel line from corksport.

John
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but the line itself goes over one of the bolts, making it hard to undo. I guess I'll take another shot at it today.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
nightfire said:
JohnScort said:

John
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but the line itself goes over one of the bolts, making it hard to undo. I guess I'll take another shot at it today.
I think its a 10mm that holds them down..Theres only about 3 or 4 of them. I took mine off and the line was not in the way.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.