FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determin what more is need to have the seatbelts work correctly in my 95 LX. I know that one unit was junk but the motor is still good but does not turn on when the door is opened. Is there a module for that system? Any help would be great. I am on my way to the junk yard tomorrow for a working seatbelt for the drivers side.

Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
driver's side is the most common to up and die on you. well, for obvious reasons: repetetive overuse (as compared to the passenger side).

it can be a multitude of things: misaligning on rails, dead motor, short in wiring.

it's easier to just get a new motor & track while you're at it (they're both attached closely with wires). just keep it properly lubricated and it'll last you a long while.

but i think fixitmatt is selling a set of canadian manual seatbelts. i would recommend it to anyone who's tired of the automatic belt nonsense in our american esorts. check in the buy/sell/trade section for it.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
man! i wish that was the case at my local j/y. if so, i would practically have the entire contents of the yard in my garage.

..so, maybe that's a good thing it's not. hmmm...

·
Registered
15,419 Posts
Have you tried cleaning out the switch in the door latch? It's the first thing that the Ford service manual suggests. Mine was gunked up with grease fro m the latch itself. Took me about an hour to remove, clean, and reinstall. It's worked perfectly ever since.

You'll need to remove the door panel, then remove the latch. Take the latch inside andremove the switch from that. The switch needs to be taken apart anc degreased. Clean the coppor part of the PC board inside with a regular pencil eraser. You'll need a few new cable ties to replace the ones that you cut to remove the switch from the latch.

It really was that easy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved. DS motor and track replaced and PS door switch replaced. Thanks for the help and posts. I lied about the cost though. It totaled $42 for 3 seat belt motor & tracks, a defroster switch, rear wiper switch, dome light assy, ash tray, washer bottle cap, front shoulder belt assy and a rear view mirror.

Derek

1 - 9 of 9 Posts