FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
It would help tremendously to know what type of Scort you have. And the mileage. In either case, check the timing belt to see if it´s snapped.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well if he has spark, chances are it isn´t his timing belt sinc the computer wont send a spark signal if it doesn´t sence a cam position sensor signal. My bet if fuel. I worked on my brother in laws car for like 3 day because it wouldn´t start. We replaced the whole ignition system, and we were about to replace the fuel pump cuz I noticed it wasn´t squrting fuel then I asked him when the last tim he filled up was and he kinda looked at me funny. Sure enough, out of gas. So first thing is check the gas guage. I´m not saying that is what happened with you, but you never know. Someone might have come and drained you gas over night. Also you will want to check for fuel pressure at the fuel log. If you have a fuel pressure guage hook it up to the fuel log, but if you don´t find the valve that you would hook a pressure guage to and then pres down on it like you were letting air out of a tire. I would put a rag over it as well to avoid squirting your eyes or getting fuel all over your car. Anyway if it squirts you have pressure, if not well you don´t. After you check for pressure turn your key from off to run a few times and listen for you fuel pump. It should cycle on for 2-5 secs then shut off each time you turn the key to build up fuel pressure in the system. If it isn´t cycling the fuel pump may be bad, but if it is, then go check the pressure again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pushed my car in to the grage and turned on my propane heater and hooked a battery charger to the car. then i went out to the grage almost three hours later, and tried to start the car it took it a while but it started. Could it have been that something was frozen and it would not let it start? but who cares my car is running now. :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well sorry dude, I don´t have much experience with things being frozen except for the ice cream in my freezer. Funny thing is it has been so warm out here the past few days my girlfriend and I went swimming last nigh at about 10PM. Granted the pool was heated, but even after getting out it wasn´t that cold. Probably low 70´s. But yea, batteries don´t like the cold too much, and neither does oil, so temperature might have been a factor.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Pimp, actually I have worked on a 3rd gen that had a broken timing belt but was still getting a spark. That´s what baffled us. I was getting current to all plugs. Couldn´t figure it out. That´s when we pulled the timing belt cover and the belt fell out. Confused to say the least - we stopped and towed it to a shop for fixing.

But yeah, it seems possible that there could have been water in the gasline causing a temporary plug in the fuel line, preventing startup.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Theres a product in a little yellow bottle that keeps the water from freezing in your gas lines. i still need to put it in my car. I´ll post the name of it when i go look at the product cause I can´t remember the name of it for the life of me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts