FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I'm cruising study in a certain gear, my speedo needle shakes like it's scared...anyone know why this happens or anyway to remedy it? (note: I'm planning on tearing apart my entire dash sometime in the next few months)
It's kinda annoying cause I won't know to tell the officer if he's wrong or not. He could say he clocked me at 62 and I could say I don't think so my needle was shaking...i was only doing 60 :roll:
Any help would be mucho appreciated-o.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Mine used to do that all the time, then the speedo broke. The actual needle part broke in half somehow. I am pretty sure this is a problem with a lot of fords of the time because I read about a lawsuit or something. I replaced the speedo and it still shakes on days when it is really cold, but nothing besides that. I would recommend lubing up the cable with either white lithium grease or graphite dry lube, and also use some on the back of the speedo where the cable plugs in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.