FEOA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sympathy goes out to the Schumachers for the tragic loss of their mother to injuries from a fall last week.
The German boys systematically took the front row and fled to Germany to see their mother, who was in a coma, and proceeded to drive their hearts out in Imola Sunday, scant hours after her death.
My DOD is Michael, who worked very hard for this win, as opposed to all the attrition gifted podiums of two weeks ago. The only one to drive nearly as well was Ralf, who miraculously managed to keep Michael behind him for the entire first stint, in the obviously slower BMW Williams. It was really exciting racing, as Michael took many ambitious looks around Ralf. Even Ralf, though, tapered of to relative mediocrity as the laps went by. The F2002 gets a win for its final drive. A perfect sendoff!
Both Scarlet missles on the podium? Where´ve I seen that before? Looks like the old status quo is gradually settling in as the teams get used to the new rules. If so, It´s gonna be another title for Michael.
On the other hand, the last time 4 different drivers won the first four races was 1983. Piquet, watson, Prost, then Tambay.
Lots of Reliability retirements, Jacko being the first. If memory serves, there were no offs or wrecks accounting for any retirements. I guess they made Imola pretty safe after Senna and Ratzenberger got killed there.
Raise a glass, too for Kimi, who had a brilliant strategy and took second, plenty to keep a stranglehold on the points lead.
I was glued to the telly as usual

:-W

pics here

[ This message was edited by: MadBrad on 20-04-2003 16:14 ]

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I agree with everything you said. Not the most exciting race to date but, for me anyway, the most satisfactory. A terrific performance by M & RS under awful circumstances and, yes, a great drive by KR. Sad for Webber who was going so well in the qualifying but he should never have said "I´m up with the big boys," kiss of death!!

Looking forward to the next one! :-D

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Mark has been pretty good in qualifying for a Jag, near the pointy end, and in Brazil he could keep it up there during the race. He just made a really bad start this time. Perhaps a future star? he did get 2 points in his first ever race - an Aussie in an aussie car in Aussieland!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts