FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the airflow meter what I need for this swap? I found one off of an 86 at the local junkyard with the box (he won´t sell seperate for some reason) and it´s only gonna cost me $25. Is this what I need?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You need one with the "B" label sticker thingy on it. It has to be from a 1st gen NON-TURBO RX-7. Don´t forget the bolts and everything.

Also, you have to calibrate bypass air, sensor position, and a/f ratio, but it´s not too hard to do and I can help you out wid it.
You also have to modify the tubing on the intake a little bit. Actually... I´ll take pics of my install maybe this afternoon so you can see what I mean.

25 is still a good deal. I bought mine for 60. I got ripped, but I didn´t care cause it was pretty much brand new and the girl selling it was hot. :-]

·
Registered
8 Posts
i got a question about tuning the b code vaf? should i put my cars timing back to stock to tune it or does it make a difference?

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
ummm its gen2 not gen1. gen1 is carburated so having a air meter off a gen1 is like finding a unicorn. stock timing set whould be a good idea. advance it after tuning then you will see how it chooses to react to it.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
yeah neuman, that's what I meant.

Anyways, you shouldn't have to touch your timing. This has nothing to do with timing and everything to do with a/f ratio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts