FEOA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so I’m sure folks have done this before. I have a 2002 zx2 that has been modified. Engine has been rebuild to withstand up to 400hp. Bigger fuel pump bigger injectors has been tuned runs to rich. The guy that did the previous tune doesn’t have the software anymore to retune so I need to tune it. Does anyone have software suggestions that would help me with this issue. Dumps way to much fuel when it starts to boost at high rpms.

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Put the smaller injectors back in the engine until you get it re-tuned!!! You risk washing down the cylinder walls, diluting the oil, and ruining your freshly built engine if you continue to run the larger injectors! My advice would be to find out what software the previous guy used to tune it and get that unless you want to tune it from scratch. If you don't know anything about tuning then I would suggest having someone else tune it, any place that has SCT tuning software should be able to do it. If you insist on doing it yourself then the SCT Pro Racer Package is the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put the smaller injectors back in the engine until you get it re-tuned!!! You risk washing down the cylinder walls, diluting the oil, and ruining your freshly built engine if you continue to run the larger injectors! My advice would be to find out what software the previous guy used to tune it and get that unless you want to tune it from scratch. If you don't know anything about tuning then I would suggest having someone else tune it, any place that has SCT tuning software should be able to do it. If you insist on doing it yourself then the SCT Pro Racer Package is the way to go.
Thank you this helped out a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts