FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i start my car after it has been off for a while, it will stutter, and have a shit load of hesitation. but the i drive it for a while, it will smooth itself out. i have installed the airflow sensor from the rx-7, msd ignition coil, and a 2-1\4 exhaust. what the hell is causing this problem?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
First things first...did it start AFTER these modifications? if so then it has to be related to them..

You're flowing more air in, and it's easier for the engine to expel the spent gases. You also have a better ignition system.

Have you cleaned your injectors/lines/rails or replaced your fuel pump lately? :?

You have air and spark, fuel delivery is the only thing you haven't modified.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
doing a thourough cleaning would be my only guess.

Check out the injectors and rails and get them cleaned if necessary, check the lines for leaks, holes, etc. Maybe make sure the fuel pump is at 100% capacity and isn't clogged in anyway shape or form. if necessary replace it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have already had the fuel system checked previously due to a past problem, but the fuel system is in tip top shape. the problem i had before was the coolant temperature sensor.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
checked your O2 sensor? probably not it because it'd give you check engine warning lights every now and then.

I'm thinking it's getting too much air thru the rx7 vaf. but I'm just pulling things out of my ace here to help. Dunno if I'm forgetting something else it could be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts