FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the British GP on Speed Channel as TSN did not carry it. TSN carried the British Open PGA tourney. So I did not get to hear Martin and James. Montoya called it the most exciting race of the season for spectators. Foxy's cousin ran out on the track(I think his sign said something about FEOA) and caused the second safety car which really shook up the order as everyone pitted then. So Da Matta, who did not go in, let for quite some time. Something like 34 laps before any car left the race. Must be a record. Rubens really worked hard and earned the win as opposed to getting it by attrition. Most guys showed alot of guts with much passing and attempting to pass. Very edge of the seat type stuff. Poor Trulli looked really good after his blinding start until the second safety car although he probably couldn't sustain it anyway. I found it ridiculous that there were marshals trying to put a jack under Alonso's car on the pit straight with cars racing by and no SC or local yellow. They could have just left it. Didn't look too much in the way. No wonder Silverstone is under threat of losing the event. Jack spins on the last lap - nuff said :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
8O No - wasn't my cousin. Didn't to see he was wearing a kilt? It was Jackie Stewart protesting about Max Mosely's remarks about the British Drivers' Racing Club (owners of Silverstone)!! :D

Fabulous race though, Silverstone is without doubt one of the best racing tracks in the world. Why aren't there more where overtaking is possible in so many places?

Well done Rubens - thoroughly deserved win.

Wel done Brad - great reporting as usual.

Gotta go now - late for work. (9.32am)

Penny

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured you might have a Scottish cousin or two :?
Actually, at first glance I thought it was Mel Gibson advertizing
Braveheart II :brave:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
MadBrad said:
I figured you might have a Scottish cousin or two :?
Actually, at first glance I thought it was Mel Gibson advertizing
Braveheart II :brave:
No, no Scots rellies - My mother is half Welsh but my dad would admit to nothing but English! :D

Btw, don't know if you heard, but the silly sod was a 'religious protester.' "The End of the World is Nigh!!" Damn nearly was for him anyway! :twisted:

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was a bloody good race, the best race so far! :D I persoanlly don't think they will stop using Silverstone for the Grand Prix, It's the most suitable track in the UK for F1. We do have the likes of brands Hatch, but it doesnt have quite as good facilities. It just needs the FIA or somebody to splash some cash to get it up to scratch. Im going to be going to Silverstone in 2 weeks for Ford Fair 2003 (largest Ford show in Europe), you can drive your car on the track for only £15, Im very tempted. :)

There's nothing wrong with the Scotish, especially as all my relatives are Scots! :wink:

I think the guy on the track was actually Irish (an ex priest!) which makes more sense. I heard he thinks that christ will come back as an Israeli Army Chief! :lol: And he had sent letters to Tony Blair and Saddam Hussein asking them if he could do a dance for them! :lol: There are some very strange people in this world!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts