FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I think he ment same question by the x2.

Anyways, I haven't found a set of roller rockers for our cars yet (I've been looking for a while). It may be possible to modify ones from a Ford V8 to fit but that's a lot of work for for the rollers and just not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
drivinonthinice said:
I think he ment same question by the x2.

Anyways, I haven't found a set of roller rockers for our cars yet (I've been looking for a while). It may be possible to modify ones from a Ford V8 to fit but that's a lot of work for for the rollers and just not worth it IMO.
I was thinking the same thing, but they are 1/8 inch too short to properly mount them.. it would require allot of mod'ing to get it to work correctly to justify the cost and time..

jged99 said:
what the heck is x2?
welcome to the internet?!?!?! you cannot times anything by one. :wink: so question x2 :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
You can get some from the uk. I believe burton's still sells the kit. Its the same kit that BAT use to sell a while back. But i think they only work on the 1st gens. But i would think they would work on the second gens as well.
Now the bad news, they are about $500 for the set. Plus i think about $100 for shipping(could be wrong on that one). I almost ordered them but after thinking about it. I took the $500 and spent it somewhere else on the motor.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
jged99 said:
Well there would be less friction and resistance between the two surfaces. Any little bit helps.
This is true, but we already have roller lifters where most of the friction is produced. the CVH and SPI honestly don't rev up high enough to see any real gains to justify the added cost to modify or import the roller rockers.

The best way to help free up a few HP in the CVH and SPI is a CAI, catback and 25% UDP. More advanced, Header, Cam gear, ECU chip.. If you want to explore more then bolt on, get a EFP or crane cam and head work.. you can easily see 140+ HP N/A if you get a good tune to match this combo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts