FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve got the stock ´92 Rims on my car, Aluminum with some kind of coating on the outside. I know of the coating because it is starting to peel off. I was thinking of maybe sanding them down and polishing them. I know I could probably just go buy some new rims but I´m looking for something fun to do. So any suggestions on how to sand and polish rims so that they shine, and continue to shine?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well the sanding and polishing should be pretty self explanitory but,unless you want to do it every couple of days I would try to find a heat resistant clear coat which is basically what they had to start with.That will help keep em looking good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I´ve used steel wool on motorcycle rims that were dull and it brung them right out! Try the coarse stuff first, then finish it off with some fine steel wool!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Make sure you clear coat them after ward or else the Aluminum will just oxidize on you again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They did put some kind of plastic layer over the aluminum, right? Cause I have a layer of stuff peeling off them, like it is paper or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts