FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 14" aluminum rims (4 lug) on my 97 LX sport. They're neither brushed aluminum or very shiny and right now they rather look a lot like hubcaps, not rims. I was thinking about getting a set of 16" or 17" but decided against it because the road to my grandpa's house, which I drive on quite a bit, is what you'd call smooth and I don't want to end up breaking an expensive set of wheels or blowing a tire. The car is colored gold. Any idea what I could do on these rims to make them look better? Or should I go for a new set of rims but just keep them small? I was thinking about painting the ones I have; my mom works at a place where they make refrigerators and they powdercoat the sheet metal. She might be able to have my wheels powdercoated white for me, maybe, I haven't asked yet. Is this a good idea?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So... I guess I'll ask her. Anything would be better than the way they look right now. ;p Best part is, I could probably get it done for free. Very nice. I'm not quite sure how white would look with a brown/gold car though. I was thinking maybe black. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Powder coating is the ultimate for longevity. I would do it if it looks right. heck, do it yourself. You can get the stuff to do small parts in your own home. As long as you can fit the item in the oven, you can powdercoat it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.