FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still building a 2003 ZX2 for my son, and currently in search of an exhaust header. Any leads on one?

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
47 Posts
The only ones I've come across are the chinese made long tube headers available on ebay (which have more than doubled in price it seems, they used to only go for $130-150), or the pacesetter shorty header.

There are various turbo manifolds available, but I assume you're not going that route.

Otherwise you'll have to look for a used one or get something fabbed up. I've seen used Focus SVT headers pop up every once in a while, but it's not a straight bolt on mod.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I've heard mixed things on this, any idea if the ceramic coated version also has a tendency to crack?
The ceramic coated headers tend to do better as the original tubing is not all that thick so if it's left unprotected it'll eventually rust and crack. Mine lasted a good while since I had mine ceramic coated but they will crack eventually.

In this case I think welding the cracked tube while they're on the car would be best to lessen any stress on them.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts