FEOA Forums banner

Required Injector Size Calculators

738 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  1Sleepy93 
#1 ·
The fallowing calculators will help you pick the correct size injector for your application.

This calculator will calculate what size injector you require based on number of Injectors, Brake Specific Fuel Consumption, Duty Cycle desired, and approximated HP.

Also it can be used to tell you how much HP a specific flow rate injector will support based on number of Injectors, Brake Specific Fuel Consumption, Duty Cycle desired, and flow rate.

Injector Calculator 1

This injector calculator will perform flow conversions for cc's to lbs/hr or lbs/hr to cc's. It also will do the first function of the above calculator as well as compute the flow change of an injector from added fuel pressure.

Injector Calculator 2

#2 ·
this is what it told me

Power: 225 horespower
Number of injectors: 4
BSFC: 0.40
Duty cycle: 0.90

This combination will require 262 cc/min injector (25.0 lbs/hour)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i know for a fact that 25lb injectors wont do that much. mine are 33lb.

#3 ·
If you noticed it says FI should punch in .65 for BSFC resulting in 40.6lbs/hr injectors. BSFC is actually .60-.65 for FI but more is better than short changing your motor. I can make it say 25 as well if I leave the BSFC at .40 :wink:

#4 ·
Bump! This is probably worth a sticky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.