FEOA Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,534 Posts
I had a Fiat 500 for a couple of years. It had a 2 cylinder air cooled engine, of 500 cubic centimeters. It was big enough to seat me plus another adult, and a bag of groceries. I didnt need to take it on 4 lane highways much, nor on long trips. It was fun around town though & gave great gas mileage. Like all Italian cars I have experienced, it rusted away fast. Its the only car I have had where I could push the clutch pedal to the floor with my thumb.

Later I had a couple of Saab 96 sedans. They were 3 cylinder 2 cycle engines, of 750cc. You put a quart of oil into the fuel tank followed by 8 gallons of gasoline. They had great traction on snow, had good heaters & comfy seats. I had put about 70,000 happy miles on one of them when I was rear-ended at a stop light by a guy in a full size Mercury. My Saab got shoved across the intersection and spun around 270 degrees. It didnt have headrests, but the seat bent back enough that I wasnt injured at all.
I recall it gave me about 30 mpg on the highway.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.