FEOA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out that one of my springs on my 3rd gen is broken and have decided to look for a new suspension setup.

does anyone have any suggestions of what companies are better and are there any setups that come as strut/spring combos?

I have heard of the Tokico S/R struts for the ZX2 but haven't seen any strut/spring combo deals.

I'm not looking to have track ready suspension, all I need is a replacement, but I would prefer a 1 in. drop from stock.

PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
The S/R struts are tuned for the Eibach springs though you can use any other springs with them if you want. The factory struts have longer shafts than the S/R ones so if you put drop springs on them they will bottom out and in a short time blow.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do the S/R struts come with spring bushings?

i have no idea what they are but my dad says that they are important to have when replacing struts.

i have looked at the eibach pro-kit springs and am under the impression that they work with the S/R struts.

but seriously, spring bushings, need with the eibach's and S/R's or no?
i would appreciate a response from someone who has used this combo :!:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
how bout adjustable coil over springs on my stock struts?

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
The problem with the stock struts is the shafts are to long. If you put lowering springs or coil-overs on the stock struts the shaft will bottom out inside the strut and damage them. The S/R struts have shorter shafts and are designed for lowering spring. They are actually matched to the Eibach springs but you can use any with them.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
if i wanted to not use adjusting perches for the coil overs to give it a 4 inch drop, how well will the s/r struts do? will the high performance struts be needed for this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts