FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '93 is like completely taken apart, so if anyone wants pictures of transmission or whatever, let me know and I'll post them to order :p

Anyways, replacing the trans turned into replacing the pressure plate, anyone got any tips? My sister told me there is some sort of kit I should buy with a whole bunch of goodies in it. Replacing anything on this ancient car sounds like a very good idea, so I'm going for it. I also have the chilton so I'm gonna check that to see what it says about pressure plate replacement, but its usually hard for me to decipher chilton-speak because i don't know the technical names for most of the parts of my car. So yeah, post tips or if you want pictures of what this s**t looks like with everything taken all apart. :D

· Premium Member
2,929 Posts
She must be referring to a clutch kit that usually contains a pressure plate, clutch disk, throwout bearing, pilot bearing and alignment tool. Don't forget to take the flywheel to a machine shop to get resurfaced. Grease the shift fork in the bellhousing. Don't get grease on any friction surfaces!

I would also replace the rear main seal while you are in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.