FEOA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the mounts in my daughter's 1999 wagon. What madness. The rear transmission mount on the car was nothing like what was offered at AutoZone or Advance. I found one at NAPA but it was slightly larger in diameter and it rubbed. A little work on the bench grinder and it fit. I slotted the belly band only for the rear mount because the front mount lined up perfectly. For the front mount I slotted the bracket that mounts on the transmission for 1/2" upward movement because in my opinion the front transmission mount hung a bit low. The mount on the passenger side seemed to fall in place, so I left it alone. I started the car with everything loose and shifted into reverse then drive and back and tightened everything up. For the first time since I bought it for her four years ago it didn't vibrate at all when I took it out for a test drive. It didn't vibrate that is until I turned on the air conditioning. But it shook less the it had in the past. I also checked the egr, changed pcv and air filter, the timing belt and water pump, installed new plugs and wires, and cleaned the Maf. I haven't cleaned the IAC but I'll get to it. Anybody got any suggestions to help me smooth it out a little more with the AC on?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Not much you can do about that, the a/c puts quite a load on the motor. An underdrive pulley might help some since it eases the load being put on the motor especially with the a/c on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts