FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
take off the brake calipre to start.

Then basically get a big rubber mallet...or a sledge with a 2x4 board....and beat the crap out of the thing

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
possible some wd-40 or pb blaster around the rusted areas...although if you are planning on reusing the rotors make sure you use soem brake cleaner to clean the parts before reassembly

·
Registered
138 Posts
or you can do it the easy way and run a bolt into the threaded hole thats between 2 of the studs and tighten it until it pushes the rotor away from the hub

drums usually have a threaded hole too

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
If they're really rust on, you'll just end up stripping that thread :x . So then you'll tap a bigger hole and it'll strip too :evil: . Then you'll bang the snot out of it till it comes off.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
drive the studs out a little, this gives them some play room, then beat the crap out of the rotor until it comes off. Make sure to put a nut on the end of the stud so you dont chew the threads up. I had a rotor on the front of my LX that wouldn't come off.... I beat and beat and beat on it, but it slipped right off when I drove the studs back 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
328 Posts
hell once i got my calipers off i grabbed a ball pine hammer and gave it hell... they came off -=D

·
Registered
725 Posts
pLx said:
hell once i got my calipers off i grabbed a ball pine hammer and gave it hell... they came off -=D
yeah first off good luck with the calipers.... then just start beating the rotor... thats what i had to do on meany car's that i've worked on... nice rubber mallot hammer or when im replacing the rotors a regular nail hammer or big rocker or what ever hell i feel like beating the rotor with :twisted:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.