FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to take off the door panel today, and i got all of it off, the only thing that was keeping me from completely removing it was the crank door handle. how do i get this off? i'm trying to take it off so i can replace the speakers with some components. i hope there's room for the crossover under the panel when it goes back on lol

tim
95 lx

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,869 Posts
You slide a 1/4" flat screwdriver behind the base of the crank, on the opposite side from the crank's arm(by that I mean set the arm to 6 o'clock and stick the driver in at 12 o'clock) in about 1/8 inch then turn the driver 90 degrees so the blade of the driver is at 90 degrees to the door panel. then push the screwdriver in toward the center of the crank. This pushes the wire retainer so its 2 little bumps will be out of the groove on the crank's shaft. The handle will now pull straight off the shaft and the wire retainer will still be on the handle, not lost somewhere. Then you will see exactly what all this meant. To replace the crank handle, first restore the retainer to the position it was in before, with the 2 bumps protruding into the hole that fits over the shaft. Then plce the handle on the shaft and press it on until it snaps. The tapered end of the shaft allows the retainer to glide over the shaft and into the groove. Done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.