FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i started to remove my gt cam so i can put it in my lx but i ran into a problem. chiltons says to remove the timing belt (which i did), then take off the cam sproket and key. well i cant take off the sproket because it just spins around. i tried jamming something in their to keep the sproket from moving. any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
cam

u can either take out the starter and jam the flywheel with something like a big screwdriver or put something through one of the holes in the cam sprocket and jam it against the head. either way be very careful not to damage anything with whatever u use to jam it. Use a breaker bar or something and it should come off pretty easly. U're also probably going to have to set the timing again after you do this.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, got it out. now i got to see if its good.... time to search the internet and find out how to tell if a cam is good or not! lol. how much HP do you think ill gain by swapping it into my 95 lx? thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
cam

honsetly I have no idea on that, I didn't even know you could switch cams into the newer 1.9L. If you didn;t knwo already you should put the exhaust header from the older gt on the newer lx and I think maybe the throttle body can be swapped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts