FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to swap the injectors to see if its the reason my cylinder 2 misfire is due to the injector. That said, i went to junkyard to see how to pull the inkectors. Removed some bolts, unclipped the two clips on each side of fuel rail, and gained some wiggle room but on my own personal car dont feel safe yanking on it like that. Do i need to pull each side out of the clip things on each side? Are those the things i need "ford fuel line removal tool" for? Doing this weekend so want to have everything i need.

Thanks
Dale

· Registered
86 Posts
Your on the right track. All you have to do is take the bolts holding the rail to the intake out. You probably don't even have to remove the fuel lines from the rail because IF I remember correctly it has hoses on both ends giving you some play. Get a large screwdriver and gently pry between the injector and the manifold. (Remember they have been there awhile so they sometimes give you a bit of resistance, not much though) To be on the safe side you may think about replacing the orings since you have it apart anyway. Give the new rings a little blast of WD40 and they will slide right in.

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled the two bolts holding it on there and still only so much room. Any harm in removing the rail at least on one side to gain room? If snap something I'm s.o.l for work... If need be, would the ford fuel line removal tool do it? And if just releive fuel pressure should be good right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.