FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to take off the interior panel from the rear right side of a 2 dr lx? Basically it's behind the passenger door (not covering...but the *other* behind)...thanks gurus!

·
Registered
802 Posts
it should POP out, there is a series of snaps all along the outter edge of the door.. once the door handle, armrest and window crank are removed, the snaps pop out like candy, leaving you the insides of your doors inner workings, now the hand and the crank are the troubles

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nu-uh nukewater....it's not the actual passenger door panels...it's the one *south* of it....hmmm...it's the one on the right side of the rear seats...if ya know what i mean....but thanks anyways

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
you'll prolly have to remove the rear seat and the rear hatch pieces to access any pop "rivets". I've never taken the frontal interior pieces out, I've taken the dash, doors and rear hatch interior pieces apart (lower and on the hatch itself). Sorry I can't be of more help :(

Why are you taking these apart anyway? going to paint em or something?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
i see. well is there anyway you can get a hold of one of those "pops a dent" things? if that doesn't take care of it, i suggest taking lots and lots of time to make sure the metal will bend back out the right way...if you just go in there and kick it it might crease and then you can have serious issues with rust forming. :eek:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
take out the speaker, and all 4 screws. there should be 1 or 2 more screws behind the strut tower, and the top brace for your seatbelt will need to be removed. once all that is taken off, SLOWLY pull it off. it's just alot of "pop-in" connectors.. you shouldn't need to take your seat off, but it is fairly easy to take off the back of the rear seat if you want it.. it's only 4 bolts..

·
Registered
576 Posts
To removed the panel in the back..you'll have to remove all! The back panel and the side that you want. I think the back panel is one piece and not "glue" to the side panel but not so sure, it's just attached with little frustating thing (don't know how to tell it :p)
But if you take your time...maybe none will broke!
All the panel inside is attached with that or just pop-in. I don't remember using a screw to take them off!!!

And maybe one of U can help me out... how to remove the handle on the door?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
TitoElSpicco said:
SyStEmDw said:
And maybe one of U can help me out... how to remove the handle on the door?
The window cranks? http://www.autosupplyusa.com/windoorclipr.html
:roll: Don't waste your money on that waste of...um...well...money...yeah. hehe

Just take a rag or piece of old cloth and slide it back and forth underneath the handle of the window crank, you'll see a little 'bobby' pin that's shaped like a U pop up, grab a pair of needle nose and pull on it. Then the handle and the spacer behind it will slide right off.

To put it back in you'll have to make sure it snaps in those little grooves behind the knob of the crank. You'll see what I'm talking about. It's easy as hell, I've done it about 5 times on each door. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts