FEOA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a little late in the day. I just wanted to remind you all that today is the 2 year anniversery of 9/11. Shame on you if you forgot!

Today is a day to remember those that were lost. Also remember those that have given their lives for our freedom.

The Flag poll on my house got blown down in a storm a couple months ago. I went out in the dark last night to do it just to be sure it was up today. I was dissapointed to see almost no one else did! I was hoping people wouldn't forget but it sure looks like they did.

I still remember getting the phone call from my sister early that morning and rushing to the TV. My whole family spent the day clinging to the news hoping for survivors and like everyone else wondering if it would pop up anywhere else. It was especially erie being only 10 minutes from Sky Harbour airport... one of the busiest in the country. There was NO noise coming from it. The other really creepy thing was no children playing in the street. So anyway I just wanted to remind those that needed reminding that freedom isn't free. People are willing to kill a lot of innocent people because of their hate for our freedom. Cheerish it everyday. Teach it to your children, and extend that kindness to every stranger you see on the street.

"You have to stand for something or you will fall for anything"

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
:salute: :brave: Still burns in mind of that horrific day!! God Bless the USA!!

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I can't possibly forget that. My sister in law came in and woke me up (I was out of school with a 2nd shift job, so i didn't have to get up just yet)...anyway, she was like both the WTCs are gone and a plane hit the Pentagon. I thought no way in hell.

Sure enough I turned my tv on and there was two big plumes of smoke where the towers used to be. Then the plane hit in PA. three attacks and one attempt. :angry5: :angry4: :angryfire:

My next door neighbor went to NY and walked the "viewing platform" and took some pics of them cleaning up the mess that used to be twin 110 stories of metal, concrete, office supplies and glass.

Although thousands of innocent people were killed, and I agree with the war on terrorism, I don't think two wrongs make a right. We shouldn't be bombing civilians, but I do understand that who can really tell who's who and who has affiliation with the 'terrorist group'

I just want all this stupid nonsense to end. Think about how life is so fragile. I hate it when I'm so bored I start to realize that one day I won't be around anymore, it freaks me out. Mainly because I haven't accomplished much of what I want to. Think of all those poor innoncent office workers felt. Not realizing whats going on until it's too late.

:(

Make love not war. :hippy2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know this was a bad day and will never be forgotten.

now i know i dont want to be a negative nancy or anything on this day. but i just have some things to say that makes me mad. First off. Why does it take a terrific event for the country to come together. And then patoriatism strike all of a sudden. We should have pride in our country no matter what even before 9/11. but it was kinda of a wake up call for everyone, but is kinda sad that it takes something like this to make everyone wake up.
One more thing. James i dont mean to be telling ya wrong or anything but dont listen to the media they only tell what is interesting and gets ratings. but the US has made an effort try not to do anything to civilians and we have killed our own because of that precaution. Also without there demonic dictator saddam the people are happy. And the news says they arent but they are if u read other things than the news u will know. They are happy. The US is giving things back to the people of iraq. I know i wouldnt want to be ruled by a dictator.
One more thing: Please enjoy your freedom it is one thing that we as americans have that alot of people dont.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well said Bobgoblin: We have much the same media misinformation here in the UK. Yet when you see independant reporters interviewing 'ordinary' civilians in Iraq, almost to a man they express their pleasure at the overthrow of the Sadam regime. Of course they're getting pretty fed up with the poor standard of living they have at the moment, they're impatient for things to improve. This always happens after a war. There are more Iraqis being murdered by their own at the moment than by the 'invading' forces. The same would happen in the US or UK if our leaders released all their prisoners criminal or otherwise, before they fled with millions of their own country's money.

I just do not believe that any right thinking people can allow terrorists to thrive nor can they ignore the countries that house and train them.

Any landmark in any country in the world could be their next 'target' and the sooner the 'fence-sitters' in the UN decide to do something about it, the better it will be for all of us.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Our 9/11 tragedy traces, as with so many things unfortunately, to the conflict in the middle east.

I always held the philosophy that the Arab/Jew conflict could be partially resolved by simply ignoring them. They're like pesky kids who keep beating their fists on tables because it gets a reaction. As long as the world responds, they get the attention they crave.

Watch the world news tonight for a "breaking news" story about mideast conflict. Is it really breaking news? Not anymore when you realize that this conflict has been going on for over 2000 years. It's OLD news. But we make it so much more than it is. Next time a breaking news story comes on, just say YAWN and turn off the TV. Tell the fighting sides that we simply don't care, please kill each other and be done with it, instead of this tit for tat play they're currently engaged in.

Me? I can't stand both sides. I have nothing against the Jews and nothing against the Arabs. I've simply grown weary of the whole deal. It's time for both sides to lay it down and say what their issue is. It's not about "well they killed our civilians because we killed theirs because they killed ours." Please. Grow up. 3 and 4 year olds act that way.

It's time for the Jews to simply come out and say that they're really too big for their britches and they've relied upon US aid for too long and they're really not the hotshots they're made out to be.

It's time for the Arabs to quit the protesting. It's not the land you want. That's been offered countless times and yet the thing you claim to want you keep turning it DOWN! Face it. What you want is the death of Jews. No it's not pretty. Don't sugarcoat it by saying you simply want the Jews expelled when in reality the mere existence of Judaism is a threat to your existence and you want them dead. The real roadblock to peace is NOT that both sides can't get along. It's the simple fact that they want each other DEAD. How could you possibly live next door to someone who's mere existence is anathema to you? It's just not possible.

It's this constant child's game that ultimately cost the lives of over 3000 people in NY, DC, and PA. A CHILD'S GAME for christ's sake.

I wish that the US would stand up and say, ok Israel, you're on your own. We're not going to offer any more help. And to the Arabs, when Israel blasts your shanties with their rockets, we're not going to restrain them. Let it be done!

Until the issue is settled, we're always going to have to worry about jetliners hitting buildings. Being that I work downtown in a big building, anytime I hear a low flying jet, I think nothing of it, happens all the time. But always in the back of my mind, there's that little flicker of worry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts