FEOA Forums banner

What does this idle rpm change means?

• 1- 25 % less restrictive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2- 25% more restrictive

• 3- Good question ! I don't have any idea!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i installed my custom exhaust cat back with straight throught muffler, my idle rpm was set at 1 x 1000 rpm.....since i've installed my new exhaust system my idle rpm is 0.75 x 1000 rpm....does that means my exhaust system is 25 % more free flowing or does this mean that its 25 % less free flowing? or does this means something else?

I haven't use mandrel-bent elbow pipes since i could not get any shop to bend them for me at that time....so i had to weld sections of pre-cut pipes together in order to create a 90 degree bent...i'll get mandrel bent pipes in spring..just can't wait cauz I know a normal 90degree mandrel-bent is supposed to be 35 % more free flowing then conventional crash bent elbow pipe....

Also...should i adjust my idle rpm back it to 1x1000 rpm by turning the little idle rpm adjusting screw or should i leave it alone? The engine looks and sound healthy and does not feel like its going to stall at all....

any advices or opinions would be appreciate :)
thanks guys
Max

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
uhhh... I don't know that there is any direct relation between the two. obviously if you go really crazy with pipe size there would be. Did you reset your computer? Do that and if its a little high yet I'd go ahead and lower the idle. if the engine is warm it should need to be that high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.