FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so ive noticed my tranny has been leaking for a while now, not really leaking, but just damp all around the bottom.. ok maybe leaking

Now it has started grinding when i downshift to 2nd.. and i assumed cuz it is losing oil (or bad scenario, broken synchro)

so question is, how can i top up the fluids till i can afford to get the leak fixed?

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Appears to be a 1995 auto from what I see.

If so, check your level regularly (every time you gas up if you have a known leak) via the tranny fluid dipstick when the car is warm. You'll have to add ATF (fluid, not an oil) using a small funnel via the dipstick tube. If you're lucky, it's just a gasket leak at the fluid pan, which can be easily replaced and you can likely live with your leak your a while - it's not apt to go catastrophic on you.

Get under there are confirm the source of your leak right away.

·
Registered
103 Posts
get some of that tranny seal liquid, maybe it will help. Mine didnt leak before it died, The pin on the thing that is on the throw out bearin was broken when i got the car n it caused the throw out bearin to stay stuck on the clutch and wear the clutch down and i was having problems going into 2nd gear it was grindin like crazy. then it died on me. If i was you , if that leak dont stop from what the people told you i would drop that tranny out asap and open it up and look inside it. costed me 170 for a used tranny with low miles n 95 bucks for a clutch kit. thank god my dad is a mechanic , otherwise i would be payin lots of dough for labor , but im gettin good deal on labor.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If I understand well, if you want to refill the tranny, the hole for that is on top of the tranny, very hard to access... The last time my mechanic change the oil, it take him about 5 hours :p He scrap the bolt that is a sensor in reality. That cost me about 150 CA for that little plug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts